Saturday, December 28, 2013

What is the easiest and cheapest way to get equipment and information about making your own documentary?

best video camera for recording kids
 on BRIDGE CAMERA REVIEWS - BRIDGE CAMERA - BEST VIDEO CAMERA FOR KIDS
best video camera for recording kids image



otacon2405


Well, this coming summer, me and some friends are going to a convention. We have gone for several years, and each year, we always kid about bringing a camera and doing a documentary. This year, I am really bored, and feel like I know the convention well and need something to do.. soooo.. I was thinking of really doing a homemade documentary of it. I suppose I could sell it or post it online, but it's mainly for my own entertainment and for my friends to see. I am wondering, though, what is the cheapest and/or easiest camera/microphone/tape to use? I do not have a video camera, but do not want to dish out alot of cash. And I would idealy be recording almost 100 hours of footage. How do I contain all that? Is there any tips and hints for filming a homemade for personal use only film like this? is it too much an undertaking? etc.


Answer
You could always rent a camera from your local camera shop. Not sure where you're located but, you could visit places like Samy's or Calumet. They have a rental department although you may have to submit a credit card deposit. Some of the guys there may be able to answer any of your questions about the camera you'll be renting. Good luck and have fun!

Advice on a decent priced miniature video camera?




Tish


My husband is deploying to Afghanistan, I have small children and would like to purchase a set of video cameras so that I can video the kids and and he can video small clips through the day to send us later when he has internet access. Thanks for any advice! Again I would like to reiterate that it needs to be affordable with decent quality! and miniature so it's not a pain to carry around!


Answer
If you're just looking for "little" clips to send back and forth, then I suggest either a Flip or Bloggie. The Mino series, for Flip, is slim and light weight, and I believe most of them have 720p capabilities. They record for an hour, or so, worth of filming. The Ultra series, for Flip, is a little bulkier, but records for two hours. The Flip features a USB arm, that "flips" out of the camera and allows for data transfer to the computer to allow a user to send video, and such.

The "Bloggie" series, by Sony, is a slim, lightweight camera that allows a user to record video AND takes still pictures (Even while recording video). There are two versions of the "Bloggie" camera that may interest you. The "Bloggie Touch" is the more advanced, and newer, version that released recently. The image capture is rated at 12.8 megapixels, and the recording capability is 1080p (Albeit, the larger the video, the longer it'll take to send. However, you can switch between 1080p, 720p and 200-something, which is a lightweight video). There's an older version of the "Bloggie" that does the same as the touch, but only captures 5 Megapixel still photos, but it's a little cheaper.

The Flip will run you around 120 - 200 dollars, depending on the model you purchase. The Bloggie will run you around 120 - 160, or so, dollars. Both cameras have around a 2 hour recording time, and the only big difference is the quality they record in, and the ability to take stills. Both are great for "pocket cameras."




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment