Thursday, December 26, 2013

I need a good quality, cheap digital video camera for recording live band performances & uploading to youtube?

best still camera for video recording
 on ... best compact camera for video recording on ... take still images while
best still camera for video recording image



yvette


My bf plays for a band and I record with my kodak zd15. The sound sucks really bad. I need a nice camera that video records and has good audio for live band performance. I looked into the Mino HD 8GB Flip, I really liked the upload your own photo thing but it has a lot of downs.
Is the cannon sd1000 a better choice?
I need help.



Answer
Consumer-grade camcorders don’t record audio very well especially music. Most have omni-directional microphones that tend to pick up all sound around the cam, like sound bouncing off walls, etc. And some are not even stereo mics. If your Kodak ZD15 is okay with the video imagery, then use a separate audio recorder which is the best way to record for music video projects. You did not state your budget but something like a Zoom H1 digital recorder ($99.00) and used with a quality microphone is the cheapest option. But better yet, something like the Zoom H4n or Tascam DR100 (both around $290.00). They can use two mics (and the two on-board mics) and the ability to balance up to 4 channels. The important part is the microphone and for a way to adjust the gain, as music will peak and fall throughout the performance, and each instrument has its own unique sound waves. Using ear-muff style headphones will allow you to listen more accurately what the mic(s) is picking up. You may be able to rent a recorder and try it out to see if it will work for you. Check with your local music instrument stores. If you still are leaning towards another camcorder, just make sure it has an external microphone port and headphone port.

What Digital Cameras Can Allow Zooming During Video Recording?




Ace U


I go to a lot of concerts and record them on camera. I was wondering which cameras allow zooming during video recording. I'm looking for something not too expensive. $300-400 max price. Thanks.


Answer
I have a Samsung L200 and it's great. 10 megapixels, zooming while video and its only 200.

If you're doing a lot of video, invest the money for the Canon HG20. $600 from amazon.com, i have one, trust me, its the way to go.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment