Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What is a good point and shoot camera with manual controls and is tiny?

Q. I need a point and shoot camera that has good manual settings like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and so on. I also need it to be tiny, I'm in high school so i want to be able to carry it around but still take good pictures without carrying my SLR everywhere.

A. Canon has a couple of point & shoot models that fit your criteria (with full manual control).

They are the SX200 IS or the SD990 IS.

pros...the SX200 IS has 12x optical zoom (336mm) and a starting wide angle of 28mm.
It records video in HD.
cons...It has no optical viewfinder
The flash automatically pops up as soon as you turn on the camera (whether you need the flash or not).

The SD990 IS does have an optical viewfinder and is more compact than the SX200 IS.

Both cameras have very small sized sensors, so their ISO capability is obviously poor when compared to a dSLR.

I'm leaning towards the SX200 IS...because it has the 28mm wide angle, 12x zoom and records video in HD, though I hate that it doesn't have a viewfinder.


What is a good compact camera for recording high-volume, high-definition audio/video?
Q. Hello everybody. Here is the problem I'm having:

I am an enthusiastic concert attendee, and I go to a lot of Metal shows. I also like to record parts of the shows I go to, so I can go back and re-live the experience later. But these shows are LOUD! Around 115-130 decibels, to be more specific. And at that kind of high volume, most camera microphones are overloaded and the resulting videos have sound that is distorted, scratchy, and unlistenable.

What I have tried already:

I have owned a Fujifilm JV-100 in the past, and I currently own a Canon SX-260 HS and neither of these have decent audio. My fiancée's old Sony Cybershot DSC-W50, on the other hand, has great sound quality. The only issue with that is that it's ancient, shoots poor quality photos, and doesn't have full-HD video capability. I'm also not sure if the newer models of Sony Cybershots have the same quality of internal microphone and when I asked a sales representative about this and she was unable to give me an answer.

Limitations:

Using an actual camcorder is out of the question, as is buying an expensive digital SLR. It must be a compact, point-and-shoot camera because otherwise the event staff/venue security deem it a "professional device" and will not allow it inside the concert venues without a press pass, which I obviously do not have. I also cannot use a separate audio recording device, because it is impractical and I need the convenience of all the components (camera, video recorder, audio recorder) in one single device.

What I need:

Simply put, I need a compact, point-and-shoot camera that is capable of shooting in low-light settings, that is capable of recording HD video, and has an internal microphone that doesn't fuzz out at high volumes. I also need it on a budget, which is less than $400.

Please offer me some suggestions for what model camera I should look into buying. I'm tired of wasting my money on cameras that don't work under the rigorous conditions I have described. If there are other metalheads out there who've had the same problem, I'd really appreciate it if you could give me your recommendations. Thanks in advance.

A. The Sony Cybershot DSC-WX10 [ 16.2 megapixels]
Panasonic Lumix LX5 [ 10.1 megapixels ]
Nikon Coolpix S8100 [ 12.1 megapixels ] check the great prices via abesofmaine.com


how to remove the 4gb limit on my point and shoot camera?
Q. ok my canon elph 110 point and shoot camera always stops at 4gb even though there's 4gb left on the card . I researched and it said it's the limit then I have to hit record again. I can't do this when i'm recording volleyball games since i'm playing. How do I make my camera record continuously without stopping.

A. You cannot

The 4 gb per video file is a physical restriction caused by the FAT32 format used by memory cards.

Since you can get from 17 to 20 minutes on a 4 gb file, it is no different than when we used to shoot 16 mm or 35 mm motion pictures

400 feet of 16 mm film only captured 11 minutes at 24 frame/s

400 feet of 35 mm film only captured 3.5 minutes worth of film.

So the 4 gb limit of from 17-20 minutes is actually a blessing to videographers

In order to shoot such long takes, you need to buy a mini-DV video camera and buy 60 minute tapes





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment