Friday, April 19, 2013

I'm looking for a 12 mp minimum, HD video recording digital camera?

Q. I'm looking for a digital camera with HD video recording capability.
I want it to have a descent optical zoom, a minimum of 12 mega pixels and good recording capabilities at night time (and photo).
What kind of camera/make should I look for? Any suggestions?

A. Megapixels means nothing these days.. do you print out on A2? No? Good then you don't need more then 8 Megapixels

Right that said a good lens does matters. Good glass is so nice to have! And of course looking for image quality always important sometimes it is better to invest in a more limited model with better image quality because.. well you want the best right?

Night time recording? What is your budget? The point is that the laws of nature don't change to make a picture or a video you need LIGHT! Raising ISO' s will only get you so far..


I guess a DSLR could, it has a nice big sensor so low noise and coupled with the right lens [in your case a wide aperture prime] it would give relative noise free images and video at night. Do buy one with an external sound jack though because the in build microphones are usually pretty good at catching wind noise.

So most basic DSLR with HD video + Prime Lens + Tripod [really you are going to need it] and the basic set of memory cards and batteries. Oh and of course an external Microphone.. mmm $1100?

You know a HD video camera is cheaper.. but won't make as nice still shots ;)


What's the best budget/business user digital camera for video blogging?
Q. I'm looking to buy a digital camera. I'm a novice at best, but want something with professional looking photos and a good video recording capability (Audio is a must also.) What are your recommendations?
I'm leaning towards the Canon PowerShot Elph 300 HS. Thanks in advance!

A. The Canon 300 HS is a fine choice. If you like it, then stick with it. I'd also suggest going to a nearby camera/electronic store to try out some for yourself though.


How do I use a digital camera as a web cam on my pc?
Q. I have a good digital camera, that is able to video record. I also have a way to hook it up to my pc and transfer pic & vids to my files. I would like to use this camera as a web cam, my old one is pretty cheap & doesn't work so well. Does any one know how to hook up a digital camera as a web cam?

A. I really don't think you are able to do this with most modern digital cameras. The USB connection is used to transfer pics and video between PC and camera, not to stream live video. You can get a descent web cam for around $30 though!
Good Luck =)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment