Thursday, May 30, 2013

What compact point and shoot camera do you recommend?

Q. I already have a nikon dslr and just need a small camera to take pictures when i dont have the big one with me. my max price is $160 or so. i would like it to have HD Video recording capabilities. i was thinking of the nikon s5100, or the panasonic lumix fh20 or fp3, or relative canon models like the sd1300is. thanks
thanks people. it would also be good if it could be bought at sears.

A. I would consider Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 14.1 MP Digital Camera
* HD Movie Recording
* Ultra Compact 28mm Lens and 8X Optical Zoom
* Intelligent Auto with Mega OIS
* High Speed AF


What is the best dslr camera for me?
Q. I want to purchase a new camera, and I've been looking at a dslr camera. I am interested in photography and I want a quality camera. This will be my first dslr camera and my price range is between 500-800 dollars. I'm a quick learner and I really want to buy a camera that takes amazing pictures. What should I look for when buying one? How important are megapixels? My top choices are nikon d3000 or the canon rebel xsi. Please help!
Also, is live view completely necessary?

A. Hey,

You can get a good DSLR for 500-800$.
Models I recommend are:
- Canon EOS XS
- Canon EOS XSi
- Nikon D3000
- Nikon D5000

I will remove D3000, cause it doesn't have Live View. I use it when I need to check my white balance or when I photograph something still.

If you want video recording, then buy Nikon D5000 or Canon EOS T1i. I prefer the D5000.

Many megapixels are not that important, because all of these cameras have 10MP or more. More megapixels doesn't mean your photos will be sharper, better looking. They just tell you how big you can print your images while quality is still good.

I wrote an article on my blog about 'Which DSLR to buy, what's important, what's not ,megapixels, features and which models I recommend. You can read it here - http://the-digital-photographer.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-dslr-should-i-buy.html


I'm looking for a 12 mp minimum, HD video recording digital camera?
Q. I'm looking for a digital camera with HD video recording capability.
I want it to have a descent optical zoom, a minimum of 12 mega pixels and good recording capabilities at night time (and photo).
What kind of camera/make should I look for? Any suggestions?

A. Megapixels means nothing these days.. do you print out on A2? No? Good then you don't need more then 8 Megapixels

Right that said a good lens does matters. Good glass is so nice to have! And of course looking for image quality always important sometimes it is better to invest in a more limited model with better image quality because.. well you want the best right?

Night time recording? What is your budget? The point is that the laws of nature don't change to make a picture or a video you need LIGHT! Raising ISO' s will only get you so far..


I guess a DSLR could, it has a nice big sensor so low noise and coupled with the right lens [in your case a wide aperture prime] it would give relative noise free images and video at night. Do buy one with an external sound jack though because the in build microphones are usually pretty good at catching wind noise.

So most basic DSLR with HD video + Prime Lens + Tripod [really you are going to need it] and the basic set of memory cards and batteries. Oh and of course an external Microphone.. mmm $1100?

You know a HD video camera is cheaper.. but won't make as nice still shots ;)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment