Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Should I get a video camera to record myself playing guitar or is an Iphone 4 good with sound quality?

Q. I'm wanting to start recording myself while playing guitar and I don't know if an Iphone 4 is sufficient. I don't have my guitar with me because I recently moved.

A. obviously video camera. depends on your budget :)


What's the process of recording a guitar cover to youtube?
Q. I'm looking to record some guitar cover videos to Youtube with a camera and an interface but I don't know how I'm supposed to do it (like, to get the songs, video and the recorded guitar done at the same time and then sync them up, etc.). I have Audacity btw.

A. Well, do you already have a youtube account? Then its easy! You take a video camera, record yourself playing guitar, and then you can add the song on top. I have done it many times! What I do is this, I either turn on my CD player, turn on the video camera and then play my guitar, so I get all three together at once. Another way I have experimented with is recording the guitar part with a video camera, and then on wavepad sound editor, I mix it with the song, which seems to sound a whole lot better!
Here is an example of what it sounds like if you record all three together at once:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEZY-miyOWM&feature=channel_page

Here is my example of recording the guitar part with a video camera and then mixing it with the song on wavepad sound editor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldMEWdx1Jns&feature=channel_page

After you edit it all and what not, you go to youtube.com, click my videos, then upload new video and then browse, find your video then click upload, then write a description, a full 4 minute length song takes around an hour or so to upload to the site, from there you can share your videos!
Have fun!

Hope this helps, Indy :)


Should I buy a digital video camera or a digital camcorder? Whats the difference?
Q. I plan to record videos indoors(which means I need a camera/camcorder that works good indoors and has good lighting).I plan to upload the videos I record onto youtube, but I'm confused about something..whats the difference between a digital video camera and a digital camcorder? Which one should I buy?

A. "digital video camera or a digital camcorder" are the same thing. They are designed to capture video.

What is your budget?

For good indoor video capture you will need to add light. Don't depend on the camcorder for that.

I use 4 PAR56 cans and 2 PAR36 cans mounted to light trees - from Guitar Center... Sometimes I use LitePanel LED lights on stands. And sometimes I use a Dot Line DL-DV60 LED on-camera video light...





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment