Tuesday, May 7, 2013

how do i get my camera to auto-focus when recording a video?

Q. i have a samsung compact digital camera (not an SLR) & it is 12.2 mega pixels. not sure what make but when im recording videos and have something up close, it just doesn't focus, is there something i need to do to make it focus? HELP

A. P&S cameras (actually all camera lenses) have a minimum focal distance. For example the Samsung SL600 is 31.5" on normal and 39.4" on telephoto.

You would need to look up the specs for your particular model.


What is a good compact camera for recording high-volume, high-definition audio/video?
Q. Hello everybody. Here is the problem I'm having:

I am an enthusiastic concert attendee, and I go to a lot of Metal shows. I also like to record parts of the shows I go to, so I can go back and re-live the experience later. But these shows are LOUD! Around 115-130 decibels, to be more specific. And at that kind of high volume, most camera microphones are overloaded and the resulting videos have sound that is distorted, scratchy, and unlistenable.

What I have tried already:

I have owned a Fujifilm JV-100 in the past, and I currently own a Canon SX-260 HS and neither of these have decent audio. My fiancée's old Sony Cybershot DSC-W50, on the other hand, has great sound quality. The only issue with that is that it's ancient, shoots poor quality photos, and doesn't have full-HD video capability. I'm also not sure if the newer models of Sony Cybershots have the same quality of internal microphone and when I asked a sales representative about this and she was unable to give me an answer.

Limitations:

Using an actual camcorder is out of the question, as is buying an expensive digital SLR. It must be a compact, point-and-shoot camera because otherwise the event staff/venue security deem it a "professional device" and will not allow it inside the concert venues without a press pass, which I obviously do not have. I also cannot use a separate audio recording device, because it is impractical and I need the convenience of all the components (camera, video recorder, audio recorder) in one single device.

What I need:

Simply put, I need a compact, point-and-shoot camera that is capable of shooting in low-light settings, that is capable of recording HD video, and has an internal microphone that doesn't fuzz out at high volumes. I also need it on a budget, which is less than $400.

Please offer me some suggestions for what model camera I should look into buying. I'm tired of wasting my money on cameras that don't work under the rigorous conditions I have described. If there are other metalheads out there who've had the same problem, I'd really appreciate it if you could give me your recommendations. Thanks in advance.

A. The Sony Cybershot DSC-WX10 [ 16.2 megapixels]
Panasonic Lumix LX5 [ 10.1 megapixels ]
Nikon Coolpix S8100 [ 12.1 megapixels ] check the great prices via abesofmaine.com


What is a good digital camera for a teenager?
Q. I am looking for a digital camera that is pocket size, takes good quality photos, can record video and is under $200.

A. Here are two of the best digital cameras under $200 that record video. These are both suitable for your teenagers.

1. Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH Digital camera

This small 8 megapixel point and shoot camera is perfect for anyone that wants a simple device that takes amazing quality photographs. This digital camera also has video capture, which provides unexpectedly great detail. The shell is made of a stylish aluminum which is sure to turn heads; the design is also compact with a retractable lens that provides 3X zoom. This is a stylish camera that anyone wanting a fast, efficient point and shoot camera. This outstanding camera can be found at Amazon here http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0011ZK6PC/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249528107&sr=8-1

2. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital camera

This Sony Cyber-shot is a great small compact camera that takes high resolution shots with its' 7-megapixel display. The metal casing body is stylish and attractive; the 2.5 inch LCD display is easy to preview photos with, and the memory can be expanded with a few different media card options. This tiny digital camera also captures video with sound. This great point and shoot camera can be found at http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybershot-DSCW55-Digital-Optical/dp/B000M4J2LM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1249528208&sr=1-1





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment