Saturday, May 11, 2013

How do you do voice overs for flip videos?

Q. well, i want to do a voice over for a music video (don't ask) and i don't know how to do this, basically i want to know how to somehow record the music video (with no sound) and then record a voice over with just the base and my vocals (for a spoof lol) and then sort of merge the two together so it's the music video with my vocals. So is this possible with a Flip Ultra HD video camera? if so how can this be done?

A. Once you've recorded your video, copy it with your new audio in place of the audio from the original recording.


What do I need and how much do I need to be able to record music in my house?
Q. I would like to start recording music w/ a laptop (singing + guitar + occasional piano). I've always heard of the macs and how great they are for musicians....but I'd like to hear some more opinions. Would buying mics/ video camera/ etc be better and more affordable? suggestions please.

A. There are so many answers to this question, but the first question to you would be how professional do you want your recordings to be and how big is your budget? A video camera is going to give you a very low end recording. There are a zillion software recording programs to use with computer recording. Probably the most popular right now is Pro Tools, but there are many others, each with it's own learning curve. There are also hard disk recorders that you can use independent of your computer and then transfer it to your computer is you like for editing. Many of these come with a built in cd drive in which you can master and burn a cd directly from the unit. Again, much like cars, there are the bare bones models and then there are the ones with all the bells and whistles. One thing for sure is that you need a really good mic and you need a fairly soundproof place to record vocals. A good mic can make or break a good recording. I have always been a pc person, though I have friends that swear by mac. I think it depends on what you are comfortable with because you can get great software for either. Do a little research before you invest a lot of money. You might try starting out on some used gear. Try ebay or your local music store. Good luck.


I do i really sound like i do on the camera?
Q. When i sing to myself i sound good. But, if i record myself singing on my video camera its sounds bad. My step-dad says that i have a good voice. But, i don't think thats true, because on the recording i sound bad. My friend says that she sounds bad when she records herself singing too, but she is a really good singer. So, is it just the video camera or do i really sound bad?

A. First of all, the audio (mic of the video camera) is not a suitable thing to use when you are singing. That is only good for natural sound. If you really want to record yourself singing, you have to get a vocal mic like a Shure SM58. That is designed for vocal recordings. Then you and your friend can compare.
I'm not saying to buy new equipment, its what equipment they use. Mind you that you have to have an audio engineer that know how to record and make the levels balanced.
Basically your using the wrong equipment.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment