Friday, January 17, 2014

What are some ways I can effectively use technology in my classroom?

best video camera for classroom recording
 on Museum Shop: Historical Museum Shop, Stone's Arms & Armor Book ...
best video camera for classroom recording image



kthnxby!


I'm in an Instructional Technology class at my university and we are learning about implementing technology into the classroom. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on how to do this. Thanks!


Answer
Since you are in a college class, we can just assume that the classroom teacher has access to things I will mention. Here are some that I have actually used these in my first grade classroom.

My teacher desktop computer is connected to the flatscreen TV mounted on the wall as well as to the overhead projector onto the smart board. That means I can run a DVD in my computer and it shows on the TV or the Smart Board. I can create an interactive lesson for the SmartBoard, using touch screen to work through the lesson. I can create power points for lesson materials. We have access to online downloads of lesson supporting videos for the TV.

At our computer pod with three student computers, I can assign each student to do certain lessons in the online programs that my district buys. They can take Accelerated Reader online tests or do Compass Lessons. They can work on Kid Pics frames, including importing photos, and create a frame that supports a story or other lesson. These are saved on their district files.

I use digital camera to record videos of class presentations and then we share them through the computers. I have a class website that is updated weekly with information about classroom projects, activities, current lesson summaries for parents. I also have an archive of every parent newsletter ever sent home that can be accessed from home, as well as full unit outlines of every subject, and other parent information,

We use an online grading system so I have to enter the grades for every subject. Beginning in grade 3 in my school, parents can access this from home. I have to enter the comments for the report cards. Then the office prints out the report cards.

Some reference and lesson materials are available on all-share for all teachers to access. The entire policy manual as well as the entire curriculum for every grade and every subject are available on the district site accessible only on a school computer.

How can I set up my English classroom for a short play?




complete_f


We were assigned a short production in my high school English class, about 20-25 minutes. The setting is Upper East Side Manhattan, think Gossip Girl. The predicament is we don't know how to set up our bland classroom into the inside of a posh NYC apartment. Does anyone have good ideas for how to design this scenario, what props to use, how to make a backdrop? It's a modern take on Shakespeare's 12th Night.


Answer
when i think NYC and Gossip Girl, I'd say:

- get a curtain that'll fit into the window frame on a curtain rod or just duct tape it up, with a fancy print on it. if u have to buy one, u could always return it.

- little side table or stool with modern vase with flowers (for example, tall clear rectangle vase, a few calla lilies) and some fashion magazines (if u dont have any, borrow some from the library)

- fashionable rug thats 5' x 3' or something. (also returnable, just make sure u keep it clean)

- nice-looking armchair or small loveseat, even a fancy bench. if u only have a plain one of these, drape a patterned sheet or think blanket over it.

- for a backdrop, if u teacher has a Smartboard, put up a pic of an aerial view of NYC skyscrapers. if not, use a projector to project such image onto the whiteboard.

-for a nice touch, get some typical NYC background sound playing (whether off a laptop or ipod w/ speakers). you know, car horns honking, bus sounds, car alarms going off, brakes. if ur not all that computer savvy, record some sounds off your computer thats playing youtube videos with those sounds with a camera (that can record sound, obviously) or just sit in a bus stop and record street noises.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment