Saturday, January 18, 2014

How to retrieve audio from my microphone on my camera?

best video camera for recording audio
 on Best Camera for Video Recording: What is the best camera/camcorder for ...
best video camera for recording audio image



Sophieee


I just recently bought an electret condenser microphone and it sits on top of my camera and records audio better.

However, when I playback my videos, there's no sound at all.

It's definitely on and supposedly working, my thought is they're stored as files somewhere on my computer?

I just want to sync the video with the audio that is being recorded on a separate microphone and not on the camera itself.

Thanks



Answer
You say "I just recently bought an electret condenser microphone and it sits on top of my camera and records audio better. " Is it plugged into your camera or some other recording device?

"when I playback my videos, there's no sound at all." Play back on what?

"my thought is they're stored as files somewhere on my computer? " How did they get to the computer?

"sync the video with the audio that is being recorded on a separate microphone and not on the camera itself." What do you mean by "recorded on a separate microphone"? Does this mean you have three mic's, - the camera mic, the one mounted on the camera and the separate one?
If the camera mounted mic is plugged into the camera the audio should be with the video.

Is it illegal for store security cameras to record audio?




Carol Ine


Most stores have some sort of security system that involves video surveillance. But is it illegal for the cameras to also be recording audio - and the employees monitoring those cameras thus listening to private conversations? Or are customers foregoing such rights to privacy once they enter the store?


Answer
Yes, in some states it is illegal to record ANY person's voice without their consent. This is the law in Massachusetts, found under the wiretapping statutes. It doesn't matter if you're in public, on private property or in the back seat of a police car; recording your voice requires your consent (implied if not actual).

If there are signs or other notices specifically warning you, in your language and in Braille, that your entry into the store constitutes consent to be recorded, then they can raise that as their defense to criminal charges.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment