Thursday, June 20, 2013

What is the best camera/camcorder for school?

best video camera for recording lectures
 on ... Phone Call Mini Recorder Landline RJ11 Digital Audio Recording | eBay
best video camera for recording lectures image



Jennifer H


I am looking for a camera/camcorder that would be good for recording class lectures. It needs to have a good microphone. If it's a camcorder then I also want it to be able to take pictures with a flash.
As for price, preferably something under $200.



Answer
It depends on how much you want to spend,I would say one of those Canon IXUS series with HD or FHD video recording,best quality photos and very high res video recording

Is it ok to video record my college lectures/classes?




Kelsey


It's my freshman year, Calculus teacher speaks reaaaallly fast (you wouldn't even believe) and advanced Spanish teacher is from Colombia and speaks rapidly with an accent I'm not used to. Is it ok to use my flip video camera (small like a digital camera) to video my classes so I can view them later? Would that be a weird thing to do?

The camera would just sit on my desk. It wouldn't be very noticeable. In a lecture hall it would be easier, but these are like 25 student classes. Should I not even ask?



Answer
You will need to get permission to record, whether video or just audio.

You could just ask your teachers to speak a little slower. Your calculus teacher may be nervous too and not realize that he/she is speaking too quickly for the class to take notes. It's a common problem with new teachers especially. I'm sure he/she will not mind you asking (better to find out now than on evaluations at the end of the semester) and will in fact be glad to make such a small, simple change to help the class understand. Other students will appreciate it too.

The Spanish teacher might resist somewhat, but will probably be willing to at least slow down for the first couple weeks to let the class get used to her particular accent and to hearing Spanish again after a summer away from it. Either way, you will get used to the Columbian accent and it might be good for you to get used to hearing fast speech in an advanced class if you ever want to be able to understand native speakers talking at normal conversational speed.

I'd ask them first to slow down and only if that doesn't work, ask to record them. It'd be better to understand them the first time anyway, right?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment