Friday, June 21, 2013

my dslr camera records videos for only 3 sec. How do i make the duration longer?

best dslr camera for video recording
 on Best DSLR Camera 2013  Top Professional And Consumer DSLR
best dslr camera for video recording image



Rose amor


I have a 60D EOS camera. I seldom record videos on it and my cousin lost the manual... it's fairly new, i bought it last year. i don't know how or why but it can only record for 3 seconds. Please can anyone help me?
it's a canon 60D dslr camera. i have tried doing the technique fhotoace told me but it only lasts for the maximum time of 30 seconds.



Answer
First use a 4 gb SDHC card, Class 10
Second do not leave the camera in live view before you start shooting. This heats up the CMOS sensor, so when you finally get around to shooting your video, the sensor is hot enough to automatically shut off.

The longest Full HD video file you can take is about 17 minutes or 4 gb, which ever comes first.

If you shoot using a script, you will not need such long takes, closer to one to three minutes

What is the best camera to use for photography and video recording at concerts?




Lexie


I really want to buy a camera that's really good for taking pictures at concerts, (probably outside) and recording. I have some FujiFilm 14 mega pixels camera now, but I mean I want a REALLY nice camera. I was looking into Nikon and Canon cameras but I don't know which one would be good for video recording too. I'm not really too concerned about the price, but under 4,000 would be cool!


Answer
First of all, you may not be allowed to bring a camera into the venue, I'd check first.
You might get away with smuggling it in, but personally I hate the possibility that I might either have my camera confiscated, or I won't be allowed inside.
Next problem is that concerts are a low light situation, usually also coupled with much movement as well as a fair distance from the subject.

All up, that makes it EXTREMELY challenging. The only hope of half decent concert photos are good DSLR cameras and even for those you need very good and very FAST lenses.

Small P&S cameras have tiny little sensors, so they don't do well with low light situations.
Concert photos are often blurry because there isn't enough light, so the shutter speed is too slow to hand-hold it, even worse when you add the movement of the performers to it.

You could try raising your ISO, but that will add noise to your photos.
You could try using your little flash, but it can't reach very far, and won't do you a whole lot of good other than lighting up the back of the heads directly in front of you.

I'm afraid there are a number of good reasons why the pro's carry around huge, expensive cameras, lenses, and lights.
It would be lovely if a tiny camera could do it all, but the reality is that small P&S's just can't handle concert situations very well. Some places do allow small P&S cameras (but no DSLRs). The reason for that is because they KNOW you will never get any decent shot with a little P&S.

However, I do realize that some of us a lot easier to please than others, so perhaps what is totally unacceptable to me might be fine in YOUR eyes.
If you can't have a good camera with you, at the very least make sure you learn how to you use what you have, so you can make the most out of it. Read your manual several times, attend a class, read some books on photography - it will help a lot.
If you're not interested in learning much, at the very least learn how to turn off the flash. Those tiny on-camera flashes only reach a few feet, so all you do with it is illuminate the bodies in front of you.

As to sound - there is a good reason why the audio pros carry around a lot of very big and very expensive gear. Even a good camcorder can only do so much in that regard - let alone a little P&S still camera! Don't expect miracles - don't even expect anything you'd ever want to listen to again.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment