Monday, May 12, 2014

Laws regarding pointing a camera outside of my home?




B.B. Gun


Last week my neighbor's car was vandalized, leading to me buying a security camera to film the spot where I park my own vehicle. I basically bought the biggest, most gaudy camera I could because I wanted people to see it and know to leave the area in front of it alone. Almost immediately a neighbor came to me to complain. She first accused me of filming her property (I showed her it actually only records the street its self), and then she said I could not film that area because it's not my property. She said if I don't remove the camera she'll bring legal charges against me.

I live in Upstate New York (not the city). I plan to consult the police to find out for sure, but in the mean time does anyone here know if she's right?



Answer
Filming your neighbor's house might be illegal. Filming the public street and your front yard should not be.

Legal or not, you aren't doing well on the being neighborly thing.

Replace the camera with a big sign that says 24 your video surveillance. Walk over and tell your neighbor that you understand her concerns and that you have removed the camera. The sign is just for deterrence and you have removed the camera.

If you feel strongly about having a camera, wait a few weeks and then secretly install a concealed camera that records only your driveway up to the edge of the road.

The camera is really only for deterrence anyway. If someone breaks into your car, you will still have a missing car, damage to your car and/or missing items from the car and a video of a dark, faceless smudge to show the police.

A better attack is to form a neighborhood watch program in conjunction with your local police department, have regular meetings of your neighbors so you all know each other and you all know who belongs where and when on your street. Distribute phone numbers so neighbors can report suspicious people on your street. Put a light in your driveway so it illuminates the car and front of the house without causing light problems with your neighbors and don't leave valuable items in your car.

I want to buy a camcorder by which. I can shoot 2 Hrs Meetings?




vinod jame


I want to buy a camcorder by which. I can shoot 2 Hrs Meetings. I want sound clarity and maximum zoom Can any one suggest which company I should go and which model no. i should purchase that not cost to much on my pocket
which one is better the hard disk one or DVD on or CD one Please suggest



Answer
if you want continuous shooting with no breaks to change media, then HDD or DVcam would be the best choices for format. Camcorders do not use DVD, they use miniDVD which does not record for 2 hours, but more like 40 minutes. DVcam has a 3 hour tape available and has excellent uncompressed digital audio tracks. DVcam is made by Sony. HDD is produced by JVC, Sony, and Canon. You should expect to pay over $1000 for these models.

if you are willing to change media during the meetings, then you can look at lesser expense. miniDV offers near DVcam quality but on a 1 hour tape. there are some very inexpensive SD card recorders, but they usually have poor quality lens systems.

if it is possible to set up a computer at these meetings, then a simple video camera with video capture card will allow the computer to act as a recorder. a 2 hour meeting will consume 24 GB of memory so you need plenty of free space on the hard drive. this option will also be the easiest to burn DVD copies for the participants afterwards.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment