Saturday, May 17, 2014

Decent camera for recording piano music?

Q. I am looking for a camera, not extremely high professional, mind you.

Just a nice camera that records good sound quality for musical instruments. Visual does not matter as much, but it would be nice.


Answer
The Canon VIXIA HF R200 Flash Memory Camcorder is an entry-level high definition camera that's packed full of user-friendly features. Record your memories with the help of the camera's 3.28MP CMOS sensor, Genuine Canon HD Video Lens, and the DIGIC DV III Image Processor.

New HD Video Camera as webcam/recording device?




Ron


I record music and such on my computer with an audio interface for wind instruments, voice, guitars, piano, etc... I would like to record video at the same time, but my webcam inside the laptop is terrible and lags a lot. I already know you can hook up any camera with the composite AV cords and a converter, but I do not want to spend any more. My family got themselves a Panasonic HC-X900M HD camcorder recently. It has an HDMI port, and so does my laptop. It also has an av multi (for the composite which I don't want) and a usb port. Is there a way or recording software I can get to use this camera via USB or HDMI and record through my laptop like a webcam?


Answer
The HDMI port on the laptop is most likely outbound only - no inbound video.

The camcorder won't stream over USB.

To get where you want - without spending more $ - you can't get there from here.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment