Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How Do I Use A Video Camera to record music?




Matt


I have a video of me and my band playing a song taped by my dad.
Is there a way to use the audio from that video and make it an mp3 on the computer? Help is appriciated, Thanks



Answer
Yes... Different video editors handle it differently. For example, in Apple iMovieHD, you "extract" the audio, then drag the audio to the desktop. It will be in lossless AIFF format.. Then, using something like Audacity, import the AIFF, edit it (typicall the start and end) and export as a MP3 file... But you did not tell us which computer, operating system, video editor or audio application you want to use.

Recording voice in video camera?




happygirl


If I had shot a video using a canon camcorder, can I play back and then add voice by using a plug in mic? What kind of mic can I buy for recording?


Answer
You can not add audio for the video in-camera. But, you can leave the lens cap on and record your voice with the camera. It will be a black video clip that you can edit it in later using your video using video editing software like Windows MovieMaker, etc.

The better way is to record your voice using a mic plugged into your PC and using your PC recording program. Your audio will be saved as a .wav file and that can be added and/or replace the existing audio of your video in the editor program.

Ideally, the best audio is done by using a separate recording device. I use a Zoom 4Hn for voice, music, and ambient sound.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment