Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Does my Digital Concepts 87690 7.1 Megapixel Digital Still Camera record sound in its videos?




Katelyn


I don't see a microphone anywhere on my camera, so I feel sort of foolish asking this question. But at the same time, my dad had a regular digital camera (not a camcorder; it was for taking pictures) and his videos, even though they played nothing on his actual camera, played sound on our computer. I got this Digital Concepts camera for Christmas. I've only taken 2 videos: 1 of my friends dancing to a goofy song at our prom this year, and 1 today of my band playing Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance;" an arrangement written by one of my close friends who plays clarinet in our band. I told my band instructor that I'd post the video to Facebook and I need it for a school project, but when I downloaded it to my computer, I couldn't hear anything even after I turned all the volume settings on my computer all the way up. I really need this video to work. So does my camera record sound? Or am I wasting a lot of time? And if it does record, could anyone help me figure out how to get it to work? Thanks!


Answer
Whenever I have a question/problem such as yours, I read the user's guide (aka "the manual").
It is amazing just how much I always learn from that.

If that doesn't help (or if I'm interested in a product I don't own), I check the manufacturer's website.
They have descriptions and specs for their gadgets, often have user forums, and the decent manufacturers all let you download the manuals in electronic form (so losing the book is no longer a problem).

99% of the time that does the trick.

I'm not sure how much luck you'll have with something called "digital concepts" finding a web site, but I'll cross fingers for you.

Perhaps next time you'll consider buying a brand name, instead - much better product and support.

A $250 Camera with good recording (for tennis)?




3993robert


Hi, as I dont have one now I'd like to buy a digital camera (either compact or megazoom is both okey)

Apart from taking pictures, one very important features for me is great 720 recording (i dont need 1080) so that I could record my tennis practice and then slow-mo it. Could you please give me some recommendations? Thank you in advance.



Answer
Although most contributors on this site would recommend a DSLR (digital single lens reflex that accepts interchangeable lenses. Your budget no where nears the amount needed. it is for that reason I suggest you look at Canon cameras known by photographers as "bridge" cameras. These cameras do not accept interchangeable lenses but have excellent zoom lenses which can effectively give you enough range to satisfy your tennis requirements. My first suggestion is the Canon Powershot SX30 IS or the Canon Powershot SX20 IS. Both are discontinued. The Canon Powershot Sx20 IS is an upgrade to the previous model and the upgrade is primarily "video" enhancement.
Fuji is also another maker I would recommend and probably falls into your price range better. It is the S2950 available on Amazon in your price range. Don't let people on this forum dissuade you from Fuji. I have had personal experience and found they back their cameras 100% better than the likes of a Sony!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment