Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Buy DSLR or not... video conundrum?




airdogspac


I had a SLR camera back in 2003-2005 around that time... it was just a basic one. I took a photography class in college and even developed my own film and so forth. I sold it in 2005 and bought a little more advance point and shoot camera but it still allowed me to control shutter speed and so forth.

its not 2013 and my 5 mpx Camera is just to old. I thought when I got a new cell phone with a 8mpx camera I would need camera really any more. But my Nexus 4 camera, is fine, but not really what you use to take pictures.

The problem is as my camera got older I started to use it less and less.

I thought of buying a new camera. I liked some of the features of the Nikon D5200. But I have a hard time justifying spending that much on a camera I might not use much.

I also wanted the camera to take good video.

I bought a refurbished canon HD Camcorder a couple of years ago. It works fine, bought a bigger battery and so forth. I thought of selling this (for around $200) to justify buying the D5200. I just don't know if the D5200 is going to have as good of video. I know it won't be able to record video for as long... (I don't know if I can by an extended battery for the D5200, I guess just buy two batteries).

What to do?
I guess I can't edit it... the point and shoot camera I bought was a Digital one.



Answer
nikons are horrible for taking professional quality videos, it keep resetting itself to auto and the ISO indicated is always wrong. If you want a great DSLR ill go for the canon D500 or D550 the D600 is also nice but I dont think its totally worth the price it has the exact same video quality as the D550. I am currently in film school and DSLR takes about the same quality videos then the film school's professional camera's that cost ten times as much the only difference the DSLR is a bit more tricky when working depth of veld.

I can't tell you much of the still images, as i am more into the film part then the actual photography. but i am desperately saving up to buy my own DSLR,

Is the Nikon Coolpix L810 6.1 Camera good for filming beauty videos on youtube?




Alyssa


i just started a channel, and im aiming to make videos like macbarbie07, stiliababs09, and jordynismyname, i started using the flip sony hd bloggie camera but it SUCKS. let me know about the nikon coolpix L810 16.1 camera :) and is vegas pro 8 a good editor to use, i own a windows computer! thanks to whoever answers (:


Answer
No, if you are serious about quality. As you didn't like Bloggie, you would mostly likely not like L810 too.
Most of us know that most compact cameras, or smart-phones like iPhones, are not good at video recording. If light is good, they do an okay job. When light is dull, they are almost unusable. Same is true for most consumer SLR cameras with kit lenses. So what do we do to take high quality High-Definition videos? Should we use an HD camcoder or a pocket camcorder like Sony Bloggie or UltraHD?
Most compact cameras don't do a good job in low light- for still images or for videos. If you zoom in, the shake becomes too obvious. Most DSLRs will do a little better as light level goes down but many of them will not auto focus during videos (because of the mirror which needs to be flipped for focusing). You can bypass this with a mirrorless camera which can auto focus, like Panasonic G or GF series but with Auto focus, you lose the control over which part of the frame, or on which person to focus on. If you have 3 persons in a frame, your Auto-Focus will not know which one you want to focus on. Why not? Silly, it is Auto-focus! It focuses by itself!! That is the reason you never see a professional movie or videos done with Autofocus.
Read this article if you are serious about video quality for beauty videos:
http://photography-with-any-camera.blogspot.com/2013/03/video-recording-with-dslr-is-it-worth-it.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment