Monday, April 14, 2014

Video recording therapy?




Jahs


I once heard that video recording yourself was good therapy.
Like video blogging, I guess, but to yourself.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Can anyone give any type of information on this?

For example: how is it therapeutic??



Answer
When I was a teenager in high school I bought an 8mm movie camera and projector with my summer wages. I recorded on film many of my siblings and classmates at play and "acting" (silly) and was recorded in turn by them. It was not so therapeutic in a mental health sense then as we just got a lot of enjoyment and laughs out of the exercise. But in later years it has been therapeutic in a different sense.

In my 30's one saw how silly one really was as a "fooling around" teen and it helped to mature one. But in old age it is therapeutic in a different way in that one sees how children in general develop, how "stuffy" old people can be and results in a nostalgia to be that young, optimistic and carefree again.

Hope this helps, good mental health, peace and Love!

Will u video tape/ record the birth of ur child?




Mama


just curios... I really want to this time around but i'm kind of scared about watching it afterwords!

with my daughter, i would have LOVED to see how I was cuz I HONESTLY don't remember everything that went on!



Answer
i defintalty dont want to be video taped..ive seen pictures of woman who are in labor..they aren't happy, they aren't pretty, a few pictures should be just fine for me...but i do kno that people keep video cameras around for the next day at teh hospital when mom has calmed down and the baby has started looking less like an alien lol..but whatever you are comfertable with...

goodluck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment