Monday, April 14, 2014

Best Digital Camera for Video Recording?




Don't Look


Hi!! :P

I bought a Kodak EasyShare M1093 Digital Camera, and I dropped it from 3 feet and it broke. The camera is really cheap, so I have to buy another one. My question is, can you please tell me a durable made digital camera that takes high quality video and pictures? My budget is no more than $300. I tried to search on google, but most cameras have bad reviews and its really frustrating. Thanks for answering ;)



Answer
I recommend going with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3. It has amazing photo quality and also some of these other features:

-3" inch LCD
-12x optical zoom
-HD movie capture (You should probably get at least an 8GB SD card for recording video)

It has received an excellent review from CNET, a gadget reviewing website. Here is the link to the review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/panasonic-lumix-dmc-zs3/4505-6501_7-33543456.html?tag=mncol;lst

The price on Amazon is $280 and it is a very good deal. Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-ZS3-Digital-Stabilized-Black/dp/B001QFZMCO

If you have any other questions, email me and I'll try to get back to you. Hope this helps!

How do I set my Sony video camera so that it doesn't make photos of a video after I record the video?




Bryan


I have a HDR-PJ580 sony video camera. What I do is that I record a video just in the normal manner. But then after I finish recording and go to the visual index to view the video, there are all these photos of the video! I'm guessing that the photos are taken at every major change in the scene of the video since there are different amount of photos for each video and all the videos are approximately 90 minutes. I have pretty much searched all the preferences and but I can't figure out why it's doing that! And I'm not pressing the photo-taking button while I'm recording or anything...


Answer
Hi Bryan:

Those "photos" you see in the visual index are actually "thumbnails" (reduced-size images) automatically created by the camera system to allow browsing of an Event (Sony's term for how it stores your stuff). Digital videos are stored as files, and various operating systems (including the one that runs your Handycam) have "file size limits" of either 2Gb or 4Gb, so a 90-minute video will actually be a sequence of connected files, each with one or more thumbnails attached to it.

There are two ways to browse or select the stuff you record on your Handycam '580: Event View and Map View, and you might find one more useful than the other. But as to how many thumbnails are created, I don't think you have any choice or control over that.

Here's the online version of Sony's Handycam User Guide for the series you have: http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/HDR-CX250_CX260V_CX580V_PJ260_PJ260V_PJ580_PJ580V_PJ600_PJ600V_XR260V_guide/eng/index.html

hope this helps,
--Dennis C.
 




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment