Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What is a good video camera for recording meetings?




Slick Rick


I was hoping to get some opinions on a video cam for recording meetings what i need to do is record a meeting from appx. 50 feet away with decent video and audio if possible.

price really isnt a factor but nothing extreme just something to get the job done



Answer
I would suggest you check out - Sony DCRSR47R. This one is meant for distance shooting as it has a 60X optical zoom which brings you closer to the actual scene. You can record up to 45 hours with normal recording mode (LP mode). There are many more useful functions this camcorder offers and I would suggest you check the website I have pasted below for detailed information.

Video Cameras at work recording without employee permission. Legal or Ilegal?




Daly


I work in FL in a Real Estate Investment company ( I'm the Office Manager) and I've been working there for more than a year now. Suddenly my boss decided to put cameras around the office but he didn't mention anything to the employees. He went ahead and put the cameras (3 of them) 1. Hallway, 2. Reception area looking at the door and 3. In my office looking straight at me .... I have NO IDEA why he did this. There is 2 other offices (not counting his or the conference room) yet, no cameras on them. I really feel bad about this and dont know what to do. He's recording me,he can see me from anywhere live on the internet plus I even think he has audio but I'm not sure of that completely. Is causing me to stress more at work. I feel really uncomfortable, I feel like he doesn't trust me, etc. HE never told me about these cameras, he never even asked me if I was comfortable with it or anything, he doesn't even have any signs anywhere saying he has cameras or anything like that.

My questions are:

1. Is this legal?
2. Is he suppose to let me know that he is recording me?
3. Do I need to sign a document like a release form accepting that he can record me?
4. What if I'm not comfortable with this and don't sign the document. Would that get me in trouble?
5. If I get fired, can I still file for unemployment?

I'm so worried and STRESSED OUT. I really hate this .. I CAN'T work like this... HELP !!!



Answer
1. Video recordings are legal. Audio recordings are not, unless the employee has been informed, and it's something like phone conversations or meetings.

2. Video, no. Audio, yes.

3. Video, no. Audio, maybe.

4. N/A

5. No.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment