Sunday, April 20, 2014

Video Camera for Dance Performance?




Chris


I would like to get a video camera that will be able to record dance performances (aka bright stage lights, low light in rest of environment) I have had trouble in the past with graininess in the picture and people becoming bright and ghost-like. What is a good camera that will not do this and represent it more truthfully to how it actually appears. Also, I have a macbook and don't know if it will take the mini-discs when I try to upload them. Would a Flip-Video work well?


Answer
I like my Flip for it's low light ability. It's certainly not a professional camera but it does a pretty good job. I record dance lessons with it.

Best camera to record my Dancing?

Q. I'm Looking for a camcorder thats Pretty much High Detailed enough to record my Dance covers, and etc. Any Suggestions?


Answer
"Best" and no budget? Nice.

I'd probably do something like a 3-camera set-up using three Sony HVR-Z7 camcorders. The accessories, lights, steadying devices, mics, audio recording subsystem, headset communications system, video mixer and other stuff would make for a nice portable studio and come in at around $100,000.

If that is too much, then two Sony HDR-FX1000, good tripod and accessories for around $8,000.

If that is too much, then a Canon HV40, good tripod and accessories for around $1,800.

Anything less than this and you are forced to use high compression consumer grade AVCHD which can cause problems because high compression video and fast action don't get along too well. It *might* be "good enough" for your needs. But if this is the budget, then Something from the Canon HF M series. And I hope your computer does not need upgrading to deal with the AVCHD video.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment