Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What brand/model point & shoot camera can record avi video?




debrabant_


I am looking to replace my old Olympus Stylus point and shoot camera (it's just getting old) but my computer doesn't play nice with the mpg or mp4 video formats for editing purposes. (Tried various programs etc) I have read that the ELPH or the Nikon Coolpix have an AVI option, but I can't seem to find any information as to which models are good.

I have a digital Canon DSLR camera, but I'm looking for something in the middle that's a bit better than my cell phone, that I can just throw in my pocket.
I use Windows Movie Maker to edit (I just do basic editing and dont like all the bells and whistles of the more advanced editors) and it does not recognise MOV files.



Answer
As you can see, all these high end pocketable cameras use an MPEG-4 format.
http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=canon_s120&products=fujifilm_xq1&products=nikon_cpp340&products=panasonic_dmclf1&products=sony_dscrx100

There are converters that will get you to avi. You will have to decide if the loss of quality is acceptable.

BTW, if you want to compare those cameras...
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/9935181366/high-end-pocketable-compacts-2013-roundup

Can most digital cameras now all do full hd 1080p video recording?

Q.


Answer
Most of them do 1080p HD video. However please be aware that most compact cameras, or smart-phones like iPhones, are not good at video recording. If light is good, they do an okay job. When light is dull, they are almost unusable. If you zoom in and do video, there can be lot of shake. You may be better off with iPhone or some digital camcorder that offers 30-40x zoom.

Read this article- it will provide you some relevant info:
http://photography-with-any-camera.blogspot.com/2013/03/video-recording-with-dslr-is-it-worth-it.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment