Tuesday, February 18, 2014

digital camera or video recorder?




Erica


would it be a better deal to get just a digital camera, or a hand-help video recorder that can also take still pictures, but it cost $100 more?


Answer
well the digital camera, depending on the megapixels are verry good for still shots. a video recorder like my Sony DVD camera, it has a VGA camera. which is like the lowest in quality. so if you want to take pictures, get the digital camera. but if you want to take strictly videos good, get the video camera.

Video camera or Recorder recommendation please help!?




Moebius


Hi. I want to record my experiences and memoirs along with the time I spent with my friends and family. I am looking for some decent quality recording and if anyone can recommend something that is both effective and cheap, it would be great!

I saw many with 1 GB internal memory, but people said it could only record about half an hour. I have movies less than 1 GB and it runs for 2 hours. Please explain. I would want the ability to record at least 1+ hour with pretty decent quality. It doesn't have to be very high quality, but it has to be relatively movie like quality. Thanks!
Hi, I was wondering if you know any cam recorders that can record up to 1 hr or more. I would really appreciate benefiting from your wisdom!!



Answer
First for that kind of quality you'll need HD. There are many cameras on the market now that do a very nice job with HD.

I would bet that that 1gb you're seeing for a movie isn't the true readout from the disc. These films converted to video are at a very high data rate because of the speed the disc is rotating in the recorder and player.

Second you may have a problem finding a camera that will record for an hour straight. When you're recording video the sensor heats because of all those electrons passing through it so most camera makers restrict the amount of recording time for this reason. My t1i for example will run for about
12-minutes before showing heat on the screen and eventually shutting down.

Also I use 8gb / class 10 cards - the fastest out there. You'll need this to handle the huge data stream created by any HD recording device. Also you'll want either several 8gb or some 16's.

There is no cheap quality. Effective is a good word but to do anything of quality it'll cost you some money. Fuji makes a nice line of bridge cameras that do HD. I don't know what their record time limit is but I'd imagine there is one. The s1800 comes to mine for around $150. Understand you're getting a very cheap camera that probably won't last more than a couple of years but it may do the trick for you.

Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment