Sunday, February 16, 2014

Video camera recording to computer?




The Chaos


I have an Simo USB multi-cable with fire wire and a Canon Z3 100. I would like to record video straight from the camera to the computer. Is this possible? Without the use of tape, that is.

Thing is, my Canon for some odd reason is rejecting any videotape I put into it.



Answer
Your Canon is not a video camera!! It is a digital still camera!! What you want to do you need a camcorder or a webcam!! Still cameras cannot stream video!!

What is the best camera (or DSLR??) for HD video recording?




chono


I'm srry if what I'm saying sounds dumb or something because I'm totally new to like recording and cameras and pixels/frames/lenses, all that jazz. I really want to start making more quality videos for my youtube channel and I wanna purchase a new camera to do video recording with. i know that a lot of cameras have really good focusing/auto focusing (i dont know what its called). I'm looking for something around $300-600 (less than 300 would be awesome) In generally, I just need help finding a camera with good focus and takes quality- decent video for a reasonable price..
I know this is totally not specific but any recommendations will be appreciated



Answer
Most compact camera's will not do a good job in low light.
Most DSLRs will not auto focus during videos (because of the mirror which needs to be flipped for fast focusing) unless you buy a mirrorless camera which auto focuses.
You can buy a HD Camcorder which will do a pretty good job most of the time but the vidoes will not be professional looking. HD Camcorders will keep everything in focus most of the time (if not all the time) so you really can't keep certain things in focus and other things blurred. I mean selective focusing- similar to what we see in movies or nice videos.
Now if you are serious about decent quality videos and are fine to go with Manual focusing, you can take nice videos. Buy a Pentax K-01 body for around $300. Buy a Super Takumar M42 lens for around $100 with an adapter for Pentax. Once you get hold of the manual focusing, you will be amazed how beautiful videos taken be take on big sensors of DSLRs compared to any HD camcorders. If you want to use AutoFocus, your videos will keep getting that lens noise while it tries (and misses while)focusingg. Will be horrible when the light is low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olFmdvhBagY
http://photography-with-any-camera.blogspot.com/2013/04/video-comparison-compact-camera-vs.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment