Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Did you video record ur childs birth and if so could you bare to watch it back?




Mummy to 1


Hello, i think this is more of an american trend than an english one but did anyone video recor their childs birth? If so where you comfortable watching it back? i mean its not something you want to put on whilst eating your dinner haha : ) i dont think i could do it personally. thanks x


Answer
there is no chance of a video! i wouldn't even allow the camera in the labour ward! Leave the camera in the general ward thanks, i'll get photos once we are all cleaned and dressed! i couldn't bare it!

at the antenatal classes they kept putting on birth videos - i'd gag and have to leave the room nearly vomiting on my own shoes. I could not stomach the images.

Then during my labour the nurse must have picked up on my inabililty to handle the images of down there during birth, she joked to me "i'm guessing you don't want a mirror then?" and we had a good laugh. Apparently there are many mothers out there like me who feel sick at the image of birth - but who are keen on natural labour so long as they don't have to see anything!

Video recording therapy?




Jahs


I once heard that video recording yourself was good therapy.
Like video blogging, I guess, but to yourself.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Can anyone give any type of information on this?

For example: how is it therapeutic??



Answer
When I was a teenager in high school I bought an 8mm movie camera and projector with my summer wages. I recorded on film many of my siblings and classmates at play and "acting" (silly) and was recorded in turn by them. It was not so therapeutic in a mental health sense then as we just got a lot of enjoyment and laughs out of the exercise. But in later years it has been therapeutic in a different sense.

In my 30's one saw how silly one really was as a "fooling around" teen and it helped to mature one. But in old age it is therapeutic in a different way in that one sees how children in general develop, how "stuffy" old people can be and results in a nostalgia to be that young, optimistic and carefree again.

Hope this helps, good mental health, peace and Love!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment