Friday, February 7, 2014

Can he bring a video camera to the child exchange?




SunflowerK


Hi I'm going through a divorce right now and my ex has visitation with our 2 year old daughter on Tuesday and Thursday 5pm to 8pm and every other weekend from Saturday 9am to Sunday 7pm. I have a Domestic Violence Protection Order against him and he's not allowed within 100yards of me. But because of the visitation we meet in a public place which is the Wal-mart lobby area to do the exchange and I am allowed to bring someone with me.

Thing is I asked my lawyer if I could bring a video camera or tape recorder to record him in case he says anything bad to me, or intimidating, or anything that doesn't have to do with our daughter and the child visitation. She told me no that video taping or recording any part of the exchange is illegal and I can get in serious trouble for it.

So today my ex and his father came to the exchange and waited in the lobby area. His father recorded me getting out of the car and walking all the way into the Wal-mart and continued to record me during the whole exchange and I advised him that any type of recording device is not allowed during the child exchange.

Am I right? What are the rules about recording devices in that situation?
Maybe I should add that he is abusive! And he has assaulted me and my daughter recently but it's still under investigation (videotapes from WalMart have been sent to be examined). He has violated the DVPO many times. The police are doing nothing. He does not care about his daughter and is JUST trying to keep control over me by trying to fight for custody. He's trying to distract the courts by claiming I'm in contempt of court because I'm usually an hour or more late to the visits or I don't show up at all. It's a lie. I'm always no more than 5 minutes late because I walk or take public transportation.

So if I could just get the rules on recording devices during this situation that would be appreciated.
I wanted a recording device to be safe if he tries to assault me again. He's bringing it to intimidate me and screw up the times so it looks like I am late when I am not. I am not being immature at all, I resent your accusations.



Answer
Hi! I understand and feel for you %110. Your very best thing to do is to let your lawyer know that he was taping you and that you thought that that was not legal. See what they have to say about it. The thing is that no judge is going to sit and watch a video like that and judge the hand off. Do your best. Act like a lady. If they are taping you smile and wave nicely as if your own parent were taping you. Have your daughter look at the camera and say "Hi Grandma!" Smile and be nice. Do have someone with you at the drop off. Play by the rules and do your best. Keep a documentation journal and write everything down. Rules or no rules about recording devices....I think what is best here is focusing on what you are both doing for your daughter and make sure what she sees is positive. I went through 10 years of this crap....I survived. You will too. So will your daughter. Bring with you afriend or family member and be sweet as honey. Once the custody stuff is over he will calm down. and most likely ignore both of you. Good luck and make sure you talk to your lawyer about it and do what they tell you to!

Best type of video camera for filming my children?




Tanya


I'm wanting an easy to use video camera that has great focus and zoom capabilities. Price isn't a prob as long as the playback is beautifully clear :) thanks


Answer
Consumer level HD camcorders have 4 problems. 1) Blurry, fuzzy, out of focus areas closely around people in videos taken by consumer level HD camcorders. 2) Any movement, even a wave or lifting an arm, while in front of a recording consumer level HD camcorder, results in screen ghosts and artifacts being left on the video track, following the movement. Makes for bad video, sports videos are unwatchable. 3) These Consumer level HD camcorders all have a habit of the transferred to computer files are something you need to convert, thus losing your HD quality, to work with your editing software. 4) Mandatory maximum record times - 1 hour, 30 minutes, 8 minutes, 3 minutes â four different times advertised as maximum record time for some consumer level HD camcorders. No event I have ever been to is that short. Either take multiple camcorders or pack up with out getting the end of the event on video. Not to mention, but the computer you upload your HD files to jas to have at least a 1 GB video card and a separate Audio card that can support Direct X 9 technology, you normal every day computer has massive troubles with HD video. Consumer level HD camcorders interpolate the video. This means they take one frame, make up the next 4 or 5 frames, take a frame and repeat this, over and over, for the remainder of the video, every video it takes is like this. With a MiniDV tape camcorder, record 60 or 90 minutes ( camcorder settings), 90 seconds or less to change a tape and record for 60 or 90 more and repeat till you run out of tapes.

You can get a Canon ZR960 for $250. It is a MiniDV tape camcorder, has a MIC jack. You will need a Firewire (IEEE1394) card ($25 to 30) for the computer and a Firewire cable (less than 10) to be able to transfer video to your computer. To say this is not HD, think about this. It would cost in excess of $3500 to get a HD camcorder that could equal the video Quality of a $250 Canon MiniDV tape camcorder.

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Camcorders/High_Definition_HD/HV30/index.aspx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment