Thursday, February 6, 2014

What angle should my camera record my piano playing?




Rally Car


I want to record myself playing piano, I already got the sound taken care of... but

How should I video record myself? Just showing my hands? Or all of me? I don't know. I've looked at other YouTubers and can't find any "successful" position.

Thanks
I want to upload videos to YouTube to share @Iridflare



Answer
If your going for a single angle that will be nice an simple to edit, I'd say directly from above. Presuming you have a small light point and shoot camera, you could use a light stand or mic stand to suspend it squarely above you while you play. Try framing it so that it shows your hands on the keyboard, with the full keyboard stretching left to right of the screen. The shape of the screen means you should be able to fit yourself on the edge of the frame. You could get creative and place a mirror on the piano tilted so that the camera can see a reflection of your face as you're playing.

The other option if you only have one camera is to fake a multi-cam shoot. This is more complicated and requires you to be capable of using a semi-professional non-linear editing programme. First record an angle showing a close up of your hands with audio, but before you start to play, with the audio recording clap or play a quick sharp beat. Then take the audio from that and play it through loud speaker whilst you record from different angles. Try to keep your playing in time with the first recording, and make sure your camera captures the clap/beat at the start of the recording as it plays through the speakers. You can then take all the different angles and line up the first clap. This will put all your shots in time. Strip all the audio except the original and then go through the timeline and chose what angle you will use for every part of the music. Some editing programmes like Premiere Pro or Final Cut include a multi-cam mixer, which makes life a lot easier!

Hope this helps, if you need anything else pop me an email.

Best wishes,
Brice

Decent camera for recording piano music?







I am looking for a camera, not extremely high professional, mind you.

Just a nice camera that records good sound quality for musical instruments. Visual does not matter as much, but it would be nice.



Answer
The Canon VIXIA HF R200 Flash Memory Camcorder is an entry-level high definition camera that's packed full of user-friendly features. Record your memories with the help of the camera's 3.28MP CMOS sensor, Genuine Canon HD Video Lens, and the DIGIC DV III Image Processor.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment