Saturday, April 12, 2014

Small digital camera that records HD video in WMV format?




fsu23phd


So I bought a Canon SD1400, which records 720p video in MOV format. I don't like MOV, b/c I can't open multiple files as a playlist like I can with WMV movies. So I want a good, small digital camera that records HD video in the WMV format. Any ideas?


Answer
Well the facts are as stated, there aren't any that shoot in wmv. Hey, I don't like mov either but that's what my eos t1i does. I like the camera and the brand enough that I was willing to sacrifice a little convience for the sake of high quality.

I'm using an editor by Roxio called Creator. It includes a converter that does my work in getting to
wmv. It also maintains the quality which, by the way, the cheap download programs won't do. I know I've tried and the quality goes straight in the trash. Retail for Creator about $100.

Does the DXG-572V digital camera/camcorder record in HD?




Sara


if so where can i find that information on the box or in the manual?


Answer
No. It doesn't. It records in 640 x 480. This is HQ. Not HD. It's an OK resolution. Really it depends on what you want to use it for. So I'm assuming you have a lower budget. I was looking for a low budget HD cam a while back. I finally decided on the Sanyo VPC CG10. I would definitely recommend it! :) I got it on Amazon for $150. Now it's $123 I believe. It shoots in 720p. They came out with a new 1080p version for a little more. Like I said it depends what you need it for. Unless shooting for TV you don't really need 1080p. For Youtube and home videos 720p is more then adequate! :)
Here is a video shot on the camera. I know, lol. Go to my channel to find other videos shot with it.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gf9teUoNRE
Buy here: http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Camera-Memory-Camcorder-Optical/dp/B001Q3M8S2/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1279306867&sr=1-4
Newer one: http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-CG20-Definition-Camcorder-Camera/dp/B0036TH80M/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?ie=UTF8&qid=1279306867&sr=1-4




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment