Thursday, April 10, 2014

How to connect a Camera to record Video Game footage?




Alucard


How can I connect a Casio Exilim 10.1 Mega Pixel Camera to record video game footage like the Angry Video Game Nerd and the Irate Gamer? It came with a cable to connect to the RCA inputs on the TV. Real answers only please. I will select the best answer to who helps the most.


Answer
It won't work. The cables are only for displaying on the Television, not the other way around. If you're wanting to do this, you may want to invest in some equipment.

At first I used Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Collection which came with an adapter that allowed me to record my game play videos at a reasonable definition. I got this on sale for about $90, but I believe the standard price is about $130.

I was then referred to the Hauppauge HD Personal Video Recorder, which records my videos in high quality for the current generation consoles as well as inputs for AV cables. If you're interested in seeing the quality, I have videos up on YouTube. Feel free to send me a message at any time. :-)

Cheap Camera for recording video games?




Undertaker


Now i've been googling the same thing but everyone says to use a capture card. The thing is, i want to record gameplay AND commentary that is live. Darksydephil whom does this uses a camera that costs $350 and i can not afford to spend even near that.
If possible i would like a camera that can charge (use power from an outlet) and record at the same time so i don't have to re-charge the battery.
Yes, i understand that i would need to point a camera straight towards my tv on a tri-pod that is what i plan on doing, I just need to find a cheap camera that can do the job with semi decent quality videos and semi decent mic.



Answer
Cameras don't record video from a television or game screen, for that you'd need a link to a video recorder like the cable companies use.

With a camera you'd need a tripod and have to point the camera at the screen and roll video... that's the only way a camera will do it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment