Sunday, April 6, 2014

Digital Camera for recording piano?




Student


What's a good digital camera for recording piano playing that I can use to post videos on Youtube?
Whenever I record with my camera, the sound is distorted, messy, and it cracks on higher notes. I'm looking for something not too expensive, possibly less than $400, and the reason I want a digital camera instead of a camcorder is so that I can use it in other practical matters too.

Thanks.



Answer
The all time winner bargain compact digital camera is the Canon 7.1 megapixel PowerShot SD1000 [not the SD1100 [IS] 7.1 with an added 2- gig memory card which when set in the manual mode for "Vivid" colors and videos at 30 fps in 320 dpi format provides killer images and videos under low light conditions. The recording of piano playing is excellent without any distortion in volume. The macro feature is superb for taking closeups of small butterflies, insects, etc. It currently sells for $140 at techgearnow.com:

http://www.techgearnow.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=278&custid=b1165b555e3ad0aa13ddb5f851a1123f

Good luck!

What is a good digital video camera for recording piano playing?




Luna


For youtube and stuff. I have a normal piano not an electric one. I also want to use the camera for recording sports and stuff. I want the sound on the piano to not be distorted like it is on most cameras and I want the sound to sound like it really does. Thanks. I would prefer that it was under $200. THANKS!!!!!


Answer
Any kind of Point & Shoot camera would fit your shooting style and price range.

Look for:
Canon Powershot
Nikon Coolpix
Sony Cybershot

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment