Sunday, February 23, 2014

What is a good digital video camera for recording loud live music?




Timpala


I currently have a Sony Mini DV camera that shoots good enough video when shooting my band, but the sound sucks. My Sony point & shoot digital camera sounds better. I want a small camera with a good size hard drive that records really good sound for loud live rock & roll. Any ideas?


Answer
Hi Timpala,

The best option,in my opinion, would be a camcorder with a
external microphone. I understand that's not ideal at concerts.
So,maybe these links are helpfull for you :

http://wize.com/digital-camcorders/t50422-sound-quality

Searching the net, I stumbled upon this again and again.
It's a unknown brand to me but it seems to have good
sound quality (mind it has a resolution of only 640x480) :

http://www.minicamcordersblog.com/mini-camcorders/samson-zoom-q3-mini-camcorder-with-superb-audio

Greetings, Lance.

What camera should I buy to record live music?




mak_daddy1


I'm looking to record live music (rock - heavy stuff like Grunge and Punk) but I cannot seem to find any device which boasts the ability to do so. Any camera I have used, bar my old Sony Tape Recorder (the model number has been destroyed), has a completely distorted sound. I want to move digital now, with a worldwide audience being available at the click of a button through YouTube and such, because transferring the tapes to digital video files is a tedious and long process.

I would appreciate any help that may be provided and I would also like to note that I'm in a restricted budget, but would like to see all of my options.

Thanks,
--mak_daddy16.



Answer
Any camcorder with manual audio control. The cheapest one I know of are the Canon HV30 and the Sony HDR-HC9.

Other option is to use a field recorder and replace the crappy audio captured with the video with the audio captured by the field recorder when you edit the video. Edirol, Marantz, Tascam, Sony, M-Audio, Zoom... among others...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment