Monday, February 24, 2014

Filming a soccer/football match what equipment?




Ding


I've been asked to film a football match for my local team, so they can watch it back and learn.

I don't have any professional video equipment, nor am I going to buy any for this but I do want to get the best results I can with what I have.

I have a DSLR with HD video but what lens would be best? I also will possibly have a go-pro that I thought could be good to strap to the crossbar so they can see how they attack/defend corners.

Any tips, advice?

Thanks!
1) what lens you got with the camera???
At the moment I have a 50mm, 24-70mm & 70-300mm but hopefully getting a 10-20mm also soon.
2) what are they trying to get from the video???
They just want to watch it back to learn from it, there's a debate going on about the differences from watching from the sidelines and as a player on the pitch.
3) wide angle lens would be better...
4) DON'T strap an expensive piece of kit to a cross bar...
But Go-Pro's are built for stuff like this, I wouldn't do it without getting it insured but with the proper accessories it should be ok right?
5) how are you intending to keep it filming???
Good question, I've not thought about this? I've never filmed anything for a long period of time.
Would a battery grip be good enough for 45mins & then change batteries?
@fhotoace

I'm a photographer, I've shot a few games, that's why they asked me.

Also, this is not a premier league game, very far from it, there is no stadium, they play on a local rec!



Answer
You need a video camera to shoot football or any other field sport

What skills and equipment do you specifically have that caused them to pick you as the shooter?

Most teams that record their teams performance on the filed use three cameras.

One at each end of the field mounted on a tall poll and one from the top of the stands shooting an overall view of the game, goal to goal.

Before you do anything, spend some time at game where video is being shot of the game and talk to the people with the cameras.

Is there any way to increase video quality?




ZAM


My uncle recorded parts of my soccer game on my cell phone. Its the HTC HD 2, so it's a decent camera. But that was only because the actually recorder wasn't charged. Anyway, the video's came out a bit fuzzy but my coach wants to see the video clips. After I put the videos on my computer, is there any program or anything I can use to enhance the video quality, even by a little bit?


Answer
you dont say what you are using to edit the video, you may be able to increase the sharpness, a little, but to be honest a cell phone camea is not a camcorder, and the amount of compression they use does not make for good quality video, just ok video.

if you dont have anything to edit your video with then have a look here some are free some are not

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-editors-advanced

RR




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment