Saturday, September 14, 2013

How do you make a homemade music video?

best dslr camera for video recording 2012
 on | News | Nikon D800 Digital-SLR Camera Wins the Camera GP2012 Camera ...
best dslr camera for video recording 2012 image



Victoria


All of the homemade music videos that ive seen on youtube have the original song with the person mouthing the words. How can i record my own voice beforehand, play that, and mouth the words? Also, how would you get the timing right? And how do you put all of the different clips together? Haha sorry im not very tech savy. Is there any specific program that i could download for free?


Answer
Nice music vid made in a backyard. Has some behind the scenes shots. This guys uses Canon 5D MK3 and MK2 DSLR Cameras

http://blog.aukihenry.com/2012/10/doesnt-matter-anyway.html

Which mic to buy for indoor video shooting with DSLR?




chatman_an


Hi want to record a video of myself for a speech with my DSLR (Nikon5100) sitting inside my living room. There is a fair bit of noise from the ongoing traffic on the road as my house is just on the side of the main road.
I would like to use an external microphone and was wondering if anyone can suggest which one to go for: Shotgun boom mic or condenser mic or may be lapel mic. If its not a lapel mic, I'll be hanging it in front of my forehead just so that it is not visible on the video.

Please suggest.

Best answer gets 5 points, spam messages get reported.

Thanks



Answer
Hi chatman & robin - you don't have to spend a lot of money to record a speech with your D5100. Here is a video I shot to show that you can get decent sound with a lavalier/lapel mic plugged directly into a DSLR (shot in response to someone who asked me whether a lapel mic plugged into the camera was good enough for a Kickstarter campaign):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRrwUiMGIw

I had a head cold when I recorded this, so I apologize for my pitiful voice and the multiple layers of clothing :)

I used a lapel mic running straight into the camera, with the camera's audio sensitivity set to "low" - something you can also do with the D5100.

I recommend the Olympus ME-15 with 1m cable - it is a high quality lapel mic at an affordable price (UK and US prices below).

You will also need an extension cable and mono to stereo adapter jack to go from the lapel mic's mono output to the stereo input on your camera.

I hope this is helpful, and Happy New Year!

Bill

P.S. - I hope your speech is shorter than 20 minutes - the D5100 has a 20 minute clip length limit unless you hack your camera: http://simeonpilgrim.com/blog/2012/03/30/nikon-d5100-video-beta-testers-wanted/ :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment