Sunday, May 19, 2013

What are some good cameras that are perfect for recording that take SD cards?

Q. What are some good cameras that are perfect for recording that take SD cards? I would love a compact digital camera that's PERFECT for video taking. The camera has to be able to use SD cards. Thanks!

A. Perfect? Nothing that doesn't have boobs can ever be perfect. At least that is what my wife tells me.

Many recent P&S cameras will do a pretty good job of producing video, even in high definition. None however will be able to store much video on an SD card. They all use SDHC nowadays. If you go to http://www.dpreview.com you can do a search on cameras with video capability. Read the reviews on all those that look interesting.


Which digital camera should I buy?
Q. I want a good quality compact digital camera with HD video recording. I'd prefer if it was on the cheaper side! I'm probably asking for too much, but if there is a cheap camera out there that matches my criteria, can you please suggest it? Thanks!

A. Hopefully, the $200 price range is on the cheaper side. If that's the case, then the Canon Powershot SD1400 fits your criteria. It can record movies in HD (720p is the maximum resolution). The rest of the specs are here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sd1400_is

The Nikon Coolpix S5100 is also something you should look into. It records movies in 720p as well, and it's slightly less expensive than the Canon at about $150.

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/coolpix/style/s5100/index.htm


What is a good digital camera that is under 200 dollers?
Q. I've been looking for a digital camera but am having a bit troubel as to wich is a good one. I want one thats under 200 dollers, but that can take pictures fast and in dark (ex. concerts) i also want it to have a video recording. any suggetions?

A. The cheapest digital camera I'd recommend getting is the Fujifilm Finepix F10. It has a lithium ion battery for awesome battery life. It will shoot video with sound nonstop until the membory card is full (about 28 minutes for a 2GB card). It has a larger (1/1.7") sensor than most compact digital cameras for awesome low light performance. It only has a 3X optical zoom, so it might not be ideal for a concert. I've done it, but I was only 50 feet from the stage.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment