Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Recording voice in video camera?




happygirl


If I had shot a video using a canon camcorder, can I play back and then add voice by using a plug in mic? What kind of mic can I buy for recording?


Answer
You can not add audio for the video in-camera. But, you can leave the lens cap on and record your voice with the camera. It will be a black video clip that you can edit it in later using your video using video editing software like Windows MovieMaker, etc.

The better way is to record your voice using a mic plugged into your PC and using your PC recording program. Your audio will be saved as a .wav file and that can be added and/or replace the existing audio of your video in the editor program.

Ideally, the best audio is done by using a separate recording device. I use a Zoom 4Hn for voice, music, and ambient sound.

Video camera recording to computer?




The Chaos


I have an Simo USB multi-cable with fire wire and a Canon Z3 100. I would like to record video straight from the camera to the computer. Is this possible? Without the use of tape, that is.

Thing is, my Canon for some odd reason is rejecting any videotape I put into it.



Answer
Your Canon is not a video camera!! It is a digital still camera!! What you want to do you need a camcorder or a webcam!! Still cameras cannot stream video!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment