Monday, March 17, 2014

A Professional SLR Camera or a HD Video Camera?




raynos13


I am considering to buy either of those two. My problem is that I cannot decide whether I prefer having a Video Cam or a regular Camera.


I am looking into the Cannon EOS Rebel XTi (not sure about the name) Camera but it does not have any video recording for those moments which requires it. Is there a high quality SLR Camera which records some video?

The Sony Hard Drive High Def Cameras are one of my choices because I am quite familiar with them. But, they record unto a new format for HD which almost no video editing software can edit it still. I think its AVCHD.

So any recommendations?



Answer
Digital SLRs generally do not record video, because of their design. The mirror which bounces the image into the pentaprism is, naturally, in the way of the CMOS or CCD, so the image is only captured when the mirror is up (that is, when the shutter is open).

Most stills cameras that shoot video shoot pretty lousy video, and, likewise, most video cameras that capture stills do so as an afterthought. The two features aren't really compatible -- yet.

What is the best SLR camera that has HD video recording as well for a beginner on a high school budget?




erica_yu_h


I'm interested in both photography and videography. Since it's too expensive to buy an SLR AND an HD videocam, I thought buying two in one would be best. :) I only have point-and-shoot cameras and videocams (that aren't HD). I'm taking up photography and videography sometime soon.


Answer
Your best bet would be between the Canon Rebel T2i/550d or the Nikon D5000. The Rebel puts out 1080p, while the Nikon only 720p. If you can afford the Rebel take it, it has some of the best quality for photography as well as video recording, but the D5000 isn't that far behind plus its a lot cheaper than the Rebel.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment