Wednesday, September 25, 2013

How do I choose a family camcorder (video camera)?

best video camera for recording football
 on best video camera for recording football on Daily Record Football ...
best video camera for recording football image



PP


I don't know much about them and the info out there doesn't really break it down from the basics to the advanced. All I know is what they have at the local stores. How do I choose a good family video camera? Of course budget is a factor, but remove that and tell me what to look for/where to look/how to differentiate.


Answer
DVD camcorders are never a good choice! Since it's a family camcorder I'll make a couple of assumptions - you'll want to keep the video for a long time and it needs to be fairly robust. Look for an entry level MiniDV camcorder - they record to tapes which can be kept for years and, while you can't use them as footballs, they're able to stand some rough treatment. Don't get too hung up on the specs - get something that feels right, with the controls where you expect to find them, and that's within your budget. Don't bother about how much optical zoom a camcorder's got - they're all adequate, and ignore digital zoom completely. I'd avoid camcorders with touch screen controls (sticky fingers!) and look for something with a viewfinder so it's easier to use in bright sunlight.

You'll see a lot of (usually cheap) camcorders that record to memory cards. These are great for recording a few minutes of the kids playing and then watching the results straight away - they're not so good for the long term, though.

90% of the video that's shot is crap! That's not me being snotty, it's a law of nature (you should see MY 90%)! If you want something that people will watch more than once you'll need to edit it. You'll need to capture the video via firewire - if your PC hasn't already got one you'll need to install a firewire card. They're cheap, easy to install and readily available. You'll also need a firewire cable. You can then edit the video using Windows Movie Maker.

How do I record with a video camera and watch at the same time?




Jason J


I coach football and I would like to hook a camera up to a laptop to allow me to re-watch plays while someone next to me continues to record the game. Is there any software of hook-up that would allow me to do that?


Answer
Video servers of the type used in broadcast television stations sometimes have the "playback while still recording" option. Not laptop class equipment. try google to get vendors for video servers.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment