Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bridge Camera vs. dSLR?

best slr camera for video recording 2011
 on ... Price Top 10 Digital SLR Cameras You Should Buy This Holiday Season
best slr camera for video recording 2011 image



12345


I am deciding on whether to get the Panasonic DMC-FZ150 Bridge Camera or a budget entry-level dSLR. I'm more inclined to get the FZ150 because. while it doesn't have a huge enough sensor to be an SLR, it certainly is on a whole different level than a point and shoot camera (it has full control over PSAM, iso, and manual focus.) While an SLR would of course have these same (or better) options of manual control, what the FZ150 has over the SLR is it can shoot up to 60 pictures in one second at 5MP in its fastest burst shooting (which would be very helpful for shooting fast-paced action.) It also has the 24x zoom (expandable to 50x with a drop in resolution, while preserving quality.) This is something you can not have on an SLR unless you pay $9,000+ on a 600mm lens. Also, it can record 1080p video at 60 frames per second (in addition to a 220fps mode at QVGA res), which would be very hard to find on a budget SLR. On the other hand, an SLR would take better quality pictures in low light due to its larger sensor. However, I currently use my phone with it's tiny sensor as my primary camera and I can take amazingly sharp and professional-looking pictures with it (posted down below), so I can just imagine what I can do with something like a bridge camera with a relatively larger sensor. Like the saying goes, "it's not the camera, but the person who is holding it."
Tell me what you think. Do you think a bridge camera would be able to take good-looking pictures comparable to an SLR (in bright light)?

____________________________________
Pictures from my phone camera:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12361010/Phone%20pictures/2011-02-18-15-24-40-504.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12361010/Phone%20pictures/C360_2011-08-04%2011-39-48.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12361010/Phone%20pictures/C360_2011-08-05%2017-21-42-picsay.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12361010/Phone%20pictures/C360_2011-10-24%2017-46-04-picsay.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12361010/Phone%20pictures/HDR%20landscape.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12361010/Phone%20pictures/IMG_20110712_154931.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12361010/Phone%20pictures/picsay-1314933959.jpg



Answer
If you consider your phone pics "professional looking" and you prefer the spray and pray attitude of the 60fps then the FZ150 would suit you best

Best new/upcoming smartphone?




Sachi


My contract is about to expire and I'm thinking of getting my first smart phone. Which is the best for new/upcoming models? Please provide information about why it stands out. (ie: Don't just be a ____ fanboy/girl and say _____ is teh best because liek, it's so totally awesome!111!1shiftone)


Answer
The iPhone 4S, hands down.

It has a truly excellent camera. (Example short film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQSxP6A5f5w ). You'll never need to carry around a separate digital camera again (unless you're a real photographer and you want to carry an SLR).

It's got Siri, a widely-joked about, but incredibly powerful personal assistant software and voice-to-text option. This means you can reply to texts and emails by telling your phone what you want to say, especially handy when driving, or in other situations where you don't feel like typing out a reply, particularly a long one.

It can also parse language incredibly well, so there are loads of things you can tell/ask it to do that can save a lot of time, like set reminders or make appointments. The most ridiculous and cool example of this for me is this: whenever I visit my mother, as I'm leaving she'll always ask me to call her when I get back home, for my safety and her peace of mind. I almost never remembered to do this on my own. But with the iPhone 4s, I can literally just tell Siri, "remind me to call mom when I get home." And it will literally do that: because of its GPS functionality, when I pull into my apartment complex, it will remind me to call my mother, thus saving me an earful later. Obviously there are countless other applications for this, but this was a personal one that I thought would serve as a fine example.

It's very fast, for browsing, videos, games, and just usage in general.

Since the initial problems have been patched, it gets excellent battery life; easily a full work/school day for anyone's use.

It comes linked into a great software, music, TV, movie, and book ecosystem, so when you buy an app, game, song, and so on, you get to keep using it on future devices; if you have family members with iPhones, you can share and only buy things once. Same goes for if you might ever want an iPad in the future. None of your stuff will go to waste. I still play games I bought four years ago when the iPhone first came out, and will continue to have them for years to come, and the majority of them will keep getting updates as well.

Apple is great about software updates for all its phones. The now nearly 3-year-old iPhone 3Gs is still, to this day, on the very newest version of iOS, just like the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s. You're never going to get that kind of support out of an Android or Windows Phone manufacturer. (Here's a look at the terrible record of Android manufacturers updating their phones for their customers: http://androidandme.com/2011/10/news/new-chart-visualizes-android-fragmentation/ )

The iPhone comes free with an iCloud account, which means you can sync your contacts, your calendars, your email, and a host of other information between iPhones, iPods, iPads, your PC, and the cloud. It also comes free with a "find my iPhone" feature, which works like Lo-Jack, so you can find your iPhone if god forbid it's ever stolen or lost. You can even use it to lock or wipe the phone remotely, to protect your personal information and data. And again, that feature is absolutely free.

The iPhone 4s is thin, but substantially built. Surprisingly difficult to break. I worked at a place that repaired and replaced phone screens for almost a year, and almost none of them were ever an iPhone 4 or 4s (though there were plenty of 3G and 3Gs, as they had weaker glass). None of that creaky, cheap plasticky stuff here.

It has an incredible screen: so sharp, nearly as many pixels as a laptop screen in a 3.5-inch package. This is especially useful when you're reading text for emails, or taking photos or videos.

Finally, there is a gigantic economy of accessories for the iPhone 4 and 4s, everything from cases to styluses to extra emergency batteries to headsets to headphones to speaker docks and a host of other crazy things.

I highly, highly recommend this phone. The only reason I would consider anything else is if you just didn't have the money, or if you wanted to wait for the next iPhone, which will probably be out in September or so.

Anyway, good luck with your decision. That's my wholehearted recommendation.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment