Tuesday, April 23, 2013

which point and shoot digital camera has face detection available in the video recording mode?

Q. I have seen face detection as a standard on many new generation cameras but it usually is available only in the photo recording mode and not in the movie recording mode.

I am looking for a point and shoot digital camera that has face detection available in the movie mode. Can someone please help?

A. None that I know of. I don't even know of any digital cameras that will zoom or change focus during video recording. They aren't camcorders.


What is a good digital video camera for recording loud live music?
Q. I currently have a Sony Mini DV camera that shoots good enough video when shooting my band, but the sound sucks. My Sony point & shoot digital camera sounds better. I want a small camera with a good size hard drive that records really good sound for loud live rock & roll. Any ideas?

A. Hi Timpala,

The best option,in my opinion, would be a camcorder with a
external microphone. I understand that's not ideal at concerts.
So,maybe these links are helpfull for you :

http://wize.com/digital-camcorders/t50422-sound-quality

Searching the net, I stumbled upon this again and again.
It's a unknown brand to me but it seems to have good
sound quality (mind it has a resolution of only 640x480) :

http://www.minicamcordersblog.com/mini-camcorders/samson-zoom-q3-mini-camcorder-with-superb-audio

Greetings, Lance.


What is a good point and shoot camera with manual controls and is tiny?
Q. I need a point and shoot camera that has good manual settings like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and so on. I also need it to be tiny, I'm in high school so i want to be able to carry it around but still take good pictures without carrying my SLR everywhere.

A. Canon has a couple of point & shoot models that fit your criteria (with full manual control).

They are the SX200 IS or the SD990 IS.

pros...the SX200 IS has 12x optical zoom (336mm) and a starting wide angle of 28mm.
It records video in HD.
cons...It has no optical viewfinder
The flash automatically pops up as soon as you turn on the camera (whether you need the flash or not).

The SD990 IS does have an optical viewfinder and is more compact than the SX200 IS.

Both cameras have very small sized sensors, so their ISO capability is obviously poor when compared to a dSLR.

I'm leaning towards the SX200 IS...because it has the 28mm wide angle, 12x zoom and records video in HD, though I hate that it doesn't have a viewfinder.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment