Sunday, October 6, 2013

How am I going to record 15 6-15 minute videos in one day if my Samsung camera does not require batteries?

best video camera for recording meetings
 on USD 36.22 China Wholesale 2GB RD52 Mini DV Meeting Record Video Camera ...
best video camera for recording meetings image



Forrest


It requires charging instead of batteries so how am I going to record 15 videos in 1 day without charging


Answer
Sorry to tell you, but your camera does have a battery, or there would be NO power to operate it.

Too bad you neglected to tell us which Samsung camera you have.

Basically you will need to take your battery charger with you and charge it during lunch or other down time. You will also need to conserve your batteries energy. Do NOT use the LCD unless absolutely necessary. Avoid leaving the camera on between "takes" and use the zoom feature sparingly. If you have access to the mains during your shooting schedule, use an AC adapter to power your camera. That will help you a lot

When you say our are going to record 15, 6-15 minute videos, is that really true? Are you saying you have 15 different scripts and will be shooting enough raw footage so produce 6-15 minute videos from each script? That is a lot of work for just one day.

When I owned a video production company, we used to spend two or three days shooting the video for a 15 minute "how to do" video and about a week in post production. I am NOT including all the pre and post production meetings.

I think you need to rethink this project and look hard at your scripts to see if you can streamline this challenge a little.

A project this large will require you to have maybe three or four spare batteries on the charger during the whole day

Laws regarding pointing a camera outside of my home?




B.B. Gun


Last week my neighbor's car was vandalized, leading to me buying a security camera to film the spot where I park my own vehicle. I basically bought the biggest, most gaudy camera I could because I wanted people to see it and know to leave the area in front of it alone. Almost immediately a neighbor came to me to complain. She first accused me of filming her property (I showed her it actually only records the street its self), and then she said I could not film that area because it's not my property. She said if I don't remove the camera she'll bring legal charges against me.

I live in Upstate New York (not the city). I plan to consult the police to find out for sure, but in the mean time does anyone here know if she's right?



Answer
Filming your neighbor's house might be illegal. Filming the public street and your front yard should not be.

Legal or not, you aren't doing well on the being neighborly thing.

Replace the camera with a big sign that says 24 your video surveillance. Walk over and tell your neighbor that you understand her concerns and that you have removed the camera. The sign is just for deterrence and you have removed the camera.

If you feel strongly about having a camera, wait a few weeks and then secretly install a concealed camera that records only your driveway up to the edge of the road.

The camera is really only for deterrence anyway. If someone breaks into your car, you will still have a missing car, damage to your car and/or missing items from the car and a video of a dark, faceless smudge to show the police.

A better attack is to form a neighborhood watch program in conjunction with your local police department, have regular meetings of your neighbors so you all know each other and you all know who belongs where and when on your street. Distribute phone numbers so neighbors can report suspicious people on your street. Put a light in your driveway so it illuminates the car and front of the house without causing light problems with your neighbors and don't leave valuable items in your car.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment