Monday, July 8, 2013

What camera would anybody reccomend to use in a short low budget documentary?

best camera and video recorder
 on Best Smallest digital Camera Video Recording /DVR recoder for sale ...
best camera and video recorder image



VCity


I plan on starting a documentary in June and I am brand new to the filming business. I would like any suggestions on what camera or video recorder would be suffice and also what video editing software is reccomendable..

Thanks.



Answer
VCity, since you are "brand new to the filming business," I'll let you in on some little secrets...

1.--Video and film are not the same thing.

2.--Professionals don't buy their own cameras for projects unless they are videographers, they rent equipment and hire crews who know how to use it properly. Everyone has a specialized role so that each aspect of production is carried out as best as possible. This also stops people who only shoot one or two things a year from wasting their money on thousands of dollars of equipment that will be obsolete in a few years.

If you don't have any ideas on what camera(s,) lenses, lights, mic's, support, editing etc, you will need for your documentary, this indicates to me that you are not the person who should be making those decisions, nor should random people from the internet be determining this for your project.

Research some local video production companies and discusss your project with them. Expect fees to start at $1000 per full day of shooting for absolute minimal equipment and crew.

If you are still set on purchasing your own equipment, at least take a couple courses in basic video production before simply buying a camera and thinking you can make a watchable documentary. I mean, maybe you can and I'm just being cynical but after working in the industry for nearly 10 years, I've not met many people who can.

What I see more of are the terrible, barely audible, shaky, poorly focused/exposed footage of people who had a good idea but were in too much of a hurry that they now cannot really spread the word of their idea because nobody wants to watch their "low budget documentary."

Good luck with your project. Give it all the effort your idea deserves.

a web cam that I lost the instalation CD to and I have a new computer, where do I find the Instalations?




JustAFrien


It's a Web Cam/ Camera/ Video Recorder, It's a Micro Instalations product and I lost the instalation Cd, I'm unable to find it anywhere, and I've searched a bit online, but I'm horrible with that type of stuff so I'm stuck and I'd appreciate some help.


Answer
Well if u know the company and model u can browse the companies website then search for the model and get the installation software (usually).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment