Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Record computer activity straight into video camera without software?




Jessie


Hey guys.

I work in a place where we give presentations via a projector/laptop a lot. We want to be able to give the attendees a dvd of the powerpoint presentations. We tried using a tripod and a camera to record our presentation but we are hitting problems with the image quality and sound. Because it is literally a camera recording a screen in a dark room, the quality is too poor to be able to see some of the data and captions.

Thus, we are on a quest for new ideas. We don't need to see the lecturer in the video but We just need the voice and the presentation to follow along to it. Also, we want to be able to do it without installing software because some of the presenters bring their own laptops and may not feel comfortable with us installing it.

So my question is, I've got an HD Canon Vixia HF200 and I'd like to be able to record something directly from my computer screen into the camera so that we can burn that onto a DVD. I saw a few videos online about doing so, but they use VGA to s-video and I was hoping there were more options then that.

The camera has the following outputs:
- HDMI (preferred)
- The squigly trident USB port (trapeziod shaped)
- Component out (rectangle)
- Mic
- DC in
- Mini Advanced shoe on top

We also have the projector, maybe there is an option with that as well? The ports are as follows:
- usb (but the port is more squared)
- s-video
- video /L and R
- computer component
- monitor out

I'd appreaciate any input. Thanks!



Answer
I do a lot of screencasts for my educational video podcast, and the one I've found to be great and easy to use is Total Screen Recorder. The screen recording is rendered as .AVI / WMV / SWF / FLV.

http://www.converter123.com/Other-Software/Total-Screen-Recorder.html

Critique Vocals in Video?




Belinda


Hi,

Could you please tell me what you guys think about my friend's voice? The video is at the address below. Thank you so much!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LvN3Fv6KiAY



Answer
Your friend should work on recording in general it's not the best presentation of his voice at all. He's not the best singer in the world but the vocals really aren't that bad either but, some of the lyrics don't even come out as audible.The camera is also shaking a lot and the music is fading in and out which is extremely distracting. I hope I don't sound too critical but,these are just the things I noticed and I'm not the best singer either. Ben commented on my question regarding my own singing and he gave some feedback but, it's kind of hard to get what's he saying. I don't think he speaks English.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment