Friday, August 2, 2013

Will I get my video camera taken away if I record a Concert at the Hollywood Bowl?

best video camera for recording concerts
 on good video camera for recording music on 1080P Eyewear Camera, Hidden ...
best video camera for recording concerts image



elphieroxx


This August, I'm going to go see Guys and Dolls in concert at the Hollywood Bowl. I was wondering whether or not I could take my video camera to record it. I just don't want to get my camera taken away. Do they have rules against it?


Answer
Yes they would take it away as you would be infringing on copyright laws.

What video cameras are not sensitive to sound?




Brittany M


I need a camera to record my friend's and I. We make a LOT of really loud noise.. I also wanted to take this camera to a concert one day and (the Lady I want to see is really loud) I notice a bunch of people record concerts of hers on youtube and they pick up very good sound quality. It is really important that we get a non sensitive to sound video camera so we can create these videos for our facebook page and youtube channel. Maybe even school projects.


Answer
The issue is not whether a particular camcorder or camera that records video is "sensitive" to sound, but rather whether the audio gain can be controlled so when loud audio happens, the camcorder's automatic audio gain control is not overwhelmed resulting in static or muddy audio being recorded.

For consumer grade camcorders at the ow end, *some* have a setting called "mic attenuation". "Normal" audio is recorded with attenuation off. For loud audio, go into the camcorder menu and select Mic attenuation to be on.

As the camcorders get more expensive manual audio control get more granular - that is, rather than "loud or normal" it is more like a volume control. This is the best way to go... The Canon HF R series has the attenuator selection. The HF M and HF S series have 10-12 steps to control the audio level. Similarly priced Sony and Panasonic camcorders will have similar functionality.

Good luck not getting the camcorder confiscated during the concert... once they take it, the camcorder is gone forever. Hope you can afford that.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment