Saturday, December 21, 2013

What is a good digitial video camera that isn't too expensive I can use to record my travels?

best video camera for recording interviews
 on best video camera for recording interviews on video interview video ...
best video camera for recording interviews image






I want something with a pretty good battery life, easy to operate and easy to carry. Not to technical in that I'm a novice. Lastly something that can easily connect to microphones in that I'll be interviewing people as I meet them in my travels.


Answer
I found the KODAK Zi6 to be a very handy camera, both picture quality and decent sound. After transferring the video to my pc for dvd burning, I found the picture to be of a much higher quality than my 5 year old handheld Sony model. It is far easier to carry around due to it's size and easy to control. I do not plan on using under low light or distant filming, as I realize that this is a limitation of the camera, but for regular indoor/outdoor films, this camera will do the trick.I found the cheapest online,here is the link
http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?type=id&q=d46840&ru=2900132
Hope you like it!

What is a good video camera for me?




Tony


I am 15 years old and I make short films at my highschool and home. The camera I have at home is horrible, when editing in
Premiere Or after effects the quality is just horrible and not crystal

clean like at my higheschool. (we use the canon a1s) basically I want a better camera thAn I have that is about 300 dollars or lower. Are there any dsrl cameras out there that will do the job? The camera I'm using now is a HD 10.0 megapixel samsung u10, just anything better, thanks!



Answer
There are so many camcorders but I always look to what you need the camcorder for to match up to your recording needs.

If you are interviewing people and need to have good audio I'd look to the Kodak Zi8. Excellent video and the ability to hook up an external mic. It is selling around $150 to $180.

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/search/&keywords=zi8?cm_mmc=Google_MarketForce-_-Store-_-Video%20Camera%20-%20zi8-_-kodak%20%20zi8

If you want a dslr type camera that can shoot HD video for under $300 that's kinda tough to meet but you might get close with some of the Nikon CoolPix brands like the L110. It shoots in 720p and you can record some mighty fine photos. I've seen it on sales for about $220.

http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/en_US/pd/productID.213452300/ThemeID.18145600/Currency.USD?resid=TQA03goBAlYAABFpSMMAAAAD&rests=1291859166395

I'd take a look at Panasonics, Canon Flash Memory Card Camcorders and maybe Sony. Check both the Still and Digital Camcorders because there is action happening on both sides of the fence.

I would start at B&H Photo http://www.bhphotovideo.com/browse/Camcorders/N/4294548420 to check out the possibilities.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment