Sunday, July 21, 2013

Is it legal for our neighbor to install a camera that watches our house?

best video camera for recording basketball
 on Digital Video Camera Sony
best video camera for recording basketball image



Christian


Our neighbor has (for whatever reason) installed cameras all around his house. That's up to him I guess, but the one installed closest to our house is pointed directly at our driveway and garage. We hang out outside all the time, playing basketball and sitting in the garage and stuff like that, and it just seems rather strange to know that we are on someone else's video feed when we choose to hang out outside. I don't feel like this is legal at all.. Is it? Also, I live in the state of Tennessee, if that helps with specific laws.


Answer
It is legal. I have cameras that record the entire perimeter around my house. It's nothing personal against the neighbors whose areas they cover. You might be glad if someday someone screws with your property and there's a recording of it. Your neighbor probably has better things to do than watch you play basketball.

How would I measure the angle a basketball enters the rim during practice shots (without expensive equipment)?




Basketball


Assuming I want the ball to enter the rim at an angle of say 45 degrees, I have no way of observing this on my own shots or even reasonably accurately on someone else's shots. I understand there are excellent tools available to help basketball players adjust the arc of their shots and improve their field goal percentage, but this equipments costs thousands of dollars, which I don't have. Any clever ideas on how to do this?


Answer
If you have even a cheap camera, you mount this on a tripod placed along the side of the field goal, focused on the rim. Have this on multiple exposure, making someone do the clicking.

Or by the use of the video of your cellphone, or videocam just let someone do the recording then replay on slow-motion.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment