Thursday, June 6, 2013

Small digital camera that records HD video in WMV format?

Q. So I bought a Canon SD1400, which records 720p video in MOV format. I don't like MOV, b/c I can't open multiple files as a playlist like I can with WMV movies. So I want a good, small digital camera that records HD video in the WMV format. Any ideas?

A. Well the facts are as stated, there aren't any that shoot in wmv. Hey, I don't like mov either but that's what my eos t1i does. I like the camera and the brand enough that I was willing to sacrifice a little convience for the sake of high quality.

I'm using an editor by Roxio called Creator. It includes a converter that does my work in getting to
wmv. It also maintains the quality which, by the way, the cheap download programs won't do. I know I've tried and the quality goes straight in the trash. Retail for Creator about $100.


What cheap camera to buy that has autofocus while you record?
Q. Hey I would like a nice cheap compact digital camera that can autofocus while you record a video. Im not looking for any HD ones just a cheap normal one.

A. As a professional, I have to say that you should definitely go with Nikon, Canon, or Olympus, they have the best quality and performance.

If you want a good camera for under $100, I recommend this one. It has a great video feature.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PKEJYM?ie=UTF8&tag=petodorem-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001PKEJYM


I'm looking for a 12 mp minimum, HD video recording digital camera?
Q. I'm looking for a digital camera with HD video recording capability.
I want it to have a descent optical zoom, a minimum of 12 mega pixels and good recording capabilities at night time (and photo).
What kind of camera/make should I look for? Any suggestions?

A. Megapixels means nothing these days.. do you print out on A2? No? Good then you don't need more then 8 Megapixels

Right that said a good lens does matters. Good glass is so nice to have! And of course looking for image quality always important sometimes it is better to invest in a more limited model with better image quality because.. well you want the best right?

Night time recording? What is your budget? The point is that the laws of nature don't change to make a picture or a video you need LIGHT! Raising ISO' s will only get you so far..


I guess a DSLR could, it has a nice big sensor so low noise and coupled with the right lens [in your case a wide aperture prime] it would give relative noise free images and video at night. Do buy one with an external sound jack though because the in build microphones are usually pretty good at catching wind noise.

So most basic DSLR with HD video + Prime Lens + Tripod [really you are going to need it] and the basic set of memory cards and batteries. Oh and of course an external Microphone.. mmm $1100?

You know a HD video camera is cheaper.. but won't make as nice still shots ;)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment