Sunday, June 22, 2014

Video surveillance for car?




Deion


I have a car that ive put a good bit of money into that I will start driving soon. A lot of kids at my school (almost any public place actually) have no respect at all for other peoples things and people often get their cars keyed or damaged etc. That being said, is their any type of video surveillance system I can install into my car so I can catch the person who did it if it were to happen?


Answer
In order for video to be effective, the subject needs to be visible to the camera(s). This means the cameras would need to be mounted on your car to be able to see the sides of the car and have a wide enough view to see the person causing the damage. Along with this, the cameras and recording device need power to run so you risk having no battery to start the vehicle if parked for a while... or keep the power system separate.

It might as easy as using a consumer-grade, multi-camera surveillance system using small cameras like http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Security-Weatherproof-Surveillance-1CN/dp/B000TBG8BU
or smaller and connected to a digital video recorder mounted in the trunk...

Record video at the airport allowed?




theent1


I'm going to be travelling next week and my flight is stopping by various airports before it reaches my destination (Washington, DC and Dallas, TX). Is airport security going to bother me if I take some video footage?


Answer
They probably won't bother you. Families take videos of their kids at the airport all the time. They may keep an eye on you though since there have been cases where people use video cameras to record people doing things like typing phone card numbers on a telephone keypad.

Having been in so many airports, I can't imagine what you would find interesting enough to videotape.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment